It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
(female)

tatsu15 HB User
am I hypoglycemic?

If I'm really stressed and tired and forget to eat every 4 hours, I will get shaky, sweat, legs wobble, anxiety. When I eat something I start to feel better within 45 minutes but it drains my body for the next few days. I've had this on and off my whole life, but I don't have diabetes. What's wrong with me. I've been so tired lately too. I have two young kids and I'm 38. Thank you!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
(female)

peace4health HB Userpeace4health HB Userpeace4health HB User
Re: am I hypoglycemic?

Could be. Do you experience the same symptoms when you're not really stressed?

The fact that you start feeling better after eating something is descriptive of hypoglycemia, but you could also be having adrenal exhaustion, thyroid problems, low iron...

The shakiness and anxiety are responses of the adrenal glands/hormones to stress, as well as to low sugar. As far as I've read, when your blood sugar goes low, the adrenals switch on the "fight or flight" alarm, pushing your body to take action and to raise your sugar/glucose levels.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
(female)

tatsu15 HB User

No it's when I've been stressed out or exhausted and forget to eat on time. Didn't realize there is a relation. It's been happening a lot at work. So I always have to have something just in case my blood sugar gets too low to quickly. Is there a test for adrenal glands?

Last edited by tatsu15; 01-24-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #4
(female)

peace4health HB Userpeace4health HB Userpeace4health HB User

I'm not sure, but it should be a salivary test for Cortisol levels.

The condition is also called Adrenal Fatigue. Some symptoms are: feeling lightheaded when rising from a laying down position, lack of energy in the mornings and between 3-5 pm, feeling better for a brief period after a meal (sounds like reactive hypo), increased symptoms of PMS, getting easily startled, having decreased ability to handle stress and responsibilities, cold hands and feet, or warm face (that is - body temperature imbalance), tendency to tremble under pressure/stress, and others.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
(female)

ElleDi HB User

That's exactly how I used to feel before I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia.
I still have wobbly days, when my meal is delayed or I don't get a balanced meal, and when that happens, I'm "off" for the day, if not 2 days.

One night I went out to to a "dinner party", which was little more than tiny appetizers. I barely had anything to eat and I felt horrible for almost 3 days-- exhausted, drained, irritable, tired-but-wired. I try to be vigilant with my meals for that very reasons, but sometimes things happen. And I sure feel it when they do!

Closed Thread