It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
(male)

jwddr17 HB User
Please help with my 8yr old son's 5hr glucose test reslults!!!

Recently my son had an incident at his baseball game. Just before the game even started he complained of stomach pain, dizzines, weakness, and even said he felt like he was on the funny gas like at the dentist. Then he basically collapsed and his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he turned white. He was unresponsive for about 5 minutes and was only making a horrible moaning sound that I will probably never be able to get out of my head. My wife put some slushee drink in his mouth and one of the coaches who is a firefighter had us lay him down and elevated his legs. His color almost instantly returned and he started to come around. The doctor at the hospital sent us the next day for a 5 hour glucose test because he felt it was Hypoglycemia. We then went to our doctor a few days later to discuss his results. To my surprise the doctor had an entirely different theory of what had happened. He suggested it was more of a digestive problem and had to do with his colon being swollen and cutting down on his blood flow. This is fine with me but the problem is that he seemed to be avoiding test results and didn't really even want to talk about the Hypoglycemia theory. So basically we have made an appointment for a second opinion but in the meantime if someone who knows about this stuff could give us some input on his results we would greatly appreciate it.

Fasting draw: 74

1hr draw: 85

2hr draw: 94

3hr draw: 77

4hr draw: 78

5hr draw: 51

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
child, glucose, hypoglycemic, test results