It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hypoglycemia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

lexiepie HB User
Just learned about Hypoglycemia, think I might have it?

Hello all, I'm a 20 year old girl and I literally just learned about hypoglycemia and strikingly, a large majority of the cited symptoms are problems that have haunted me my whole life. I have always had asthma my whole life, which is something some people seem to attribute to it's causes. Also, recently I've realized I'm an alcoholic which is another contributing factor. Some of my personal issues, that I've always separately blamed myself for are, anxiety, restlessness, attention issues (thought I have add), depression, constant fatigue, it's always been impossible to wake me up in the morning, always hungry, it's really hard for me to sleep, and I have some nervous habits. Now obviously they haven't been too bad, because I'm only now connecting the dots and recognizing that my problems might have a biological cause. Does it sound to any of you like I'm showing symptoms of hypoglycemia? Of course as soon as I'm able, i'll go to my doctor but until then I'd figure i'd ask you. thanks

Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

Megan R HB User
Re: Just learned about Hypoglycemia, think I might have it?

And obviously my opinion is not that of a doctor, and is not intended to be of a doctor.

Reading symptoms of different diseases isn't wrong, but it can "scare" you into thinking you have it. Many diseases that you read online have general symptoms.

I am a diabetic because I had a lot of problems with pancreas, and due to many long hospitalizations from the pancreas, it was taken out with an islet cell transplant. Islet cells produce insulin, and they were put in my liver. They might last around 7-10 years. I have low blood sugars a lot, because sometimes my islet cells produce insulin when it isn't needed.

Symptoms of low blood sugars can be shakiness, dizziness, sweating. As it gets lower and lower it can be very dangerous, as symptoms can become difficulty paying attention, confusion, or even seizure.

Your symptoms do not sound like hypoglycemia. I am not a doctor. The best thing you can do is get a blood test done. It doesn't hurt, they would likely draw a CBC, or complete blood count. Getting that test would probably put your mind at rest, too.

Best of Luck,
Meg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply