It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

marti_girl HB User
Question Vaginal bleeding one week post hysterectomy...is this normal?

I just had a total hysterectomy seven days ago. Everything has gone great so far, But the last time I went to the restroom I had a slight bit of blood on the tissue. Up to this point I've not had this happen.
If I don't hear from someone shortly, I'll call the doc. I just hated to bother her if this is nothing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2003, 12:54 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
I had a total hysterectomy a couple of years ago. I had spotting for a couple of weeks afterwards. I wouldn't worry about it. However, if your dr. didn't say anything to you to warn you about this you should probably call to just confirm everything is ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2003, 10:05 PM   #3

humming*bird HB User
Marti, I had mine on the 12th of May. I have had very light spotting since then. I was told that was normal up to 4 weeks afterward and to be concerned if it is heavy bleeding or clots. Lifting is a no-no and can bring on bleeding if you're not careful.

Hope you are doing well otherwise!!

Old 05-22-2003, 06:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
Marti_girl, take your temp. 3 diff. times a day if you are worried, that will let you know if something is going on. Make sure you've had nothing by mouth at least 5min. before taking the temp. if temp is 101 call the doctor and let him know. It could be a sign of other problems. I had a total hysterectomy too. That was about 6yrs ago. I had many problems afterwards. So I just wanted to ease your mind some by telling you to do this. Diana

Old 05-22-2003, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

JeanneMarie HB User
Hi Marti-girl.
Your bleeding a week after your hysterectomy, brings back memories. After my operation, and once at home, and having no problems, all of a sudden I experienced a large spotting, bright red, and I figured I had opened up something. I was scared to death. Upon my call to the doctors office, I found that sometimes, a pool of blood, sits somewhere and upon moving just right, it empties. I was fine after that, but if I would have only been told, that these things happen this would not have been frightening. Good luck.

------------------
JeanneMarie

Closed Thread