It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 07:36 AM   #1

Direne HB User
Hysterectomy and Progesterone cream

My Dr. says since I had a hysterectomy I do not need progesterone replacement. I have been told we need estrogen, testerone and progesterone to maintain our bodies. Does anyone know who is correct? I have been using a natural progesterone cream but don't want to cause problems by using it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2004, 06:01 PM   #2

Roceras HB User
Re: Hysterectomy and Progesterone cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direne
My Dr. says since I had a hysterectomy I do not need progesterone replacement. I have been told we need estrogen, testerone and progesterone to maintain our bodies. Does anyone know who is correct? I have been using a natural progesterone cream but don't want to cause problems by using it.
Hi, With a subtotal you don't need progesterone. If you still have your ovaries you may not need estrogen for a while but you will need it eventually. I use a neat new phytoserm, no estrogen progesterone or anything else needed, as I don't want HRT nightmares.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2004, 06:22 AM   #3

Direne HB User
Re: Hysterectomy and Progesterone cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roceras
Hi, With a subtotal you don't need progesterone. If you still have your ovaries you may not need estrogen for a while but you will need it eventually. I use a neat new phytoserm, no estrogen progesterone or anything else needed, as I don't want HRT nightmares.

I still have my ovaries but they are not producing very well. the dr. put me on estrogen/testerone but I am concerned about the lack of progesterone. What is a phytoserm and where do you get it? I really don't like being on HRT either and would like to find something that will make me feel better. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread