It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 PM   #1

scoobert HB User
Hysterectomy while on period?

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy next month but i am supposed to start my period around the same time. Does anyone know if they can do the hysterectomy while i am on my period or if it should be re-scheduled?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #2

~Smitten~ HB User
Re: Hysterectomy while on period?

I had a TVH 7 weeks ago, and I was 2 days into my period the day of surgery. I told my doctor and he said it didn't matter. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 11:59 PM   #3

scoobert HB User

That's great, i don't want to have to re-schedule it. Thank You.

Old 04-16-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User

It doesn't matter at all, but you should probably warn them just in case. They are surgeons and are used to seeing blood. Plus, you will go in on your period and come out totally done with it! Don't throw away the pads yet, though. You may have some discharge for a few weeks and you will need some pads and panty liners.

I'm giving my extras to the local women's shelter.

Old 04-16-2004, 02:10 PM   #5
Veteran

robste HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaNik5717
It doesn't matter at all, but you should probably warn them just in case. They are surgeons and are used to seeing blood. Plus, you will go in on your period and come out totally done with it! Don't throw away the pads yet, though. You may have some discharge for a few weeks and you will need some pads and panty liners.

I'm giving my extras to the local women's shelter.
I'm also having a hysterectomy (TAH=total abdominal) later this month. I'm nervous about the surgery, but will be so glad to not have to deal with periods and anemia anymore! Of course, I just had to get my period yesterday....one more time b4 surgery!

Don't throw out those maxi-pads & pantyliners! This is pretty funny, but if you use one of those Swiffer Wet mops on your floors (the one with the spray squirt thing), and you run out of the Swiffer pads, you can actually adhere a maxi-pad to the bottom of the Swiffer and clean your kitchen floor! I did that the other day when I ran out of Swiffer pads & didn't want to run to the store just so I could finish the floor. They also make good dusters to dust furniture if you just spray a little furniture polish on them! Lol....just don't let anyone see you do this! -Robin

Closed Thread