It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #1

awaitinganangel HB User
Unhappy Post Hysterectomy Complications

I had a hysterectomy about 6 weeks ago and I started swelling immediately after surgery right over my incision. My stomach has always been flat and since my surgery I no longer have a flat stomach. I had a low bikini cut in my stomach. Right above my incision on the right side there is a very obvious swollen area. It has been ery tender to touch until this past week, now it is numb (which I think is usual). My doctor has been watching it ever since a week after surgery. It has not gone down any! He thought at first that it was a hematoma. We had an sonogram down and found a small area of blood right under the top tissue. The next week I went back in he said that it was a hematoma again about the size of a fist (this is really about the size of the swelling - maybe more). He sent me to have a ct-scan and they found nothing. I went to see my doctor again two weeks ago and he said that he doesn't know what's going on and that after 3 more weeks (next week) it has not gone down he will send me to a surgeon and see what he thinks. PPPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE E, if someone has any suggestions, please respond. I am desperate here. I mean my pants are too snug now and I have not gained any weight, I've actually lost since surgery. I went to the beach last week and was so self conscious about this bulge that I didn't want to wear a swimsuit. It is very noticeable! Help, awaitingananagel

Last edited by awaitinganangel; 06-16-2004 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Get attention of viewers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread