It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2005, 02:02 PM   #1

pasquale HB User
Obturator Nerve problems after hysterectomy/trachelectomy

Hi there .I'm posting this concern on behalf of my wife who is fighting cervical cancer

She had surgery two weeks ago (trachelectomy which removes the cervix yet saves fertility )and has had a problem with her inner left leg since getting out of the operating room .

the surgeon believes the Obturator Nerve was compressed during surgery while she was in the lithodomy position for 3 hours .

she can barely walk , which is kinda sad because she is healing quite nicely from the rest of the operation .She cannot move her leg left inward at all .When she tries , it moves outwards.

At first she couldnt even feel me touching her inner thigh/inner calf .Then a few days later she can feel me touching her but she said it feels like I'm *****ing her and the feeling isnt so nice . A few days later , she starts getting severe shooting pains from her upper thigh down to her knee .The next day , shooting pains down her ineer knee down the inner calf .

Today she is hurting pretty bad .Assorted shooting pains down the leg and just general soreness in the leg .

I'm usually a ''half glass full'' kinda guy .Are these shooting pains a sign that the nerve is slowly healing or is a bad sign ?

the surgeon said these things can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months to heal .can anyone back him up on that ?

it just kinda sucks that she has this lil leg problem after going through the trachelectomy as well as the unclear cancer situation which has us both freaked out .

She goes back to see the surgeon next week to review the pathology results (fingers and toes crossed)so hopefully he can lend some more insight on the compressed nerve situation .Problem is , we live 500 miles from him

She would love to hear some responses to this topic from persons who have dealt with this situation or know of anyone who has .

looking fwd to response

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #2

pasquale HB User
Re: Obturator Nerve problems after hysterectomy/trachelectomy

clear margins and no lymph node involvment

they got all the cancer

phew

Closed Thread