It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2005, 08:32 AM   #1

smithereens HB User
pulling sensations, are they normal

I am 3.5 weeks post op. I had total abdominal hysterectomy and burch procedure on my bladder.

I am progressing well, and other than fatigue, I have this one issue that is driving me nuts.

I have these vague pulling sensations inside. The further in the day I go the more I have them. Especially around the navel area. Feels like something is pulling from the other side of my belly button and it is making me crazy.

I understand things are moving and getting reacquainted with old neighbors [I had a lot of adhesions, etc, that had to be dealt with, so things were moved around a bit]...but is this pulling thing the norm?

Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: pulling sensations, are they normal

Hi
You are still early on in the process of healing. You are going to feel alot of weird stuff.
I am 5 months post op and still have soreness and discomfort in my insicion area. I too had a abdominal hyst.
I remember in the first 4 weeks if post op my bladder felt funny when I urinated, thought it was an infection,it wasnt.. but everything in you is still healing.
I would get the pulling sensations for the first 3-4 months.
I havent had any pulling senstaions, but like I said I still have on and off discomfort in the insicion area.
I am guessing since you are 3.5 weeks post op you will be seeing your doc again shortly??
When you do, just mentioned it to him or her. Remember if you have any questions, always ask your doc.
You had major surgery, and you can never be to careful. I know my doc told me to call him or e-mail him with ANY questions !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #3
(male)

yaris HB User

Hi there

I had my BSO hysterectomy over a year ago and yes I definately had those pulling sensations for quite a while. If you are in doubt about anything, talk to your doctor.Best wishes in your recovery.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
(female)

cryst HB User

I had hysto March 1 and had same thing at first.Then went back to mommy and house duties too soon and got sharp pain in navel with pressure in June had scan found belly hyernia.So be carefull not to make same mistake.Take it easy and if it gets worse talk to doc.But if your taking it easy not to worry it is normal.Takes a while to feel normal.And will be tender for a long time.

Last edited by cryst; 11-14-2005 at 08:52 PM.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

cookingmom HB User

Hello all
Glad to read these posts that the pulling sensation is normal. I had an abdominal hysto. on Oct. 17 and then had to be reopened on Oct. 21 because I developed a huge blood clot in my stomach (I have a clotting disorder). I am feeling these pulling sensations on my right side and my dr. keeps telling me they are normal but I was doubting him. Sorry you all have had this but I am glad to read that you did !

Take care, happy healing. B.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

neflin HB User

They sure are normal. I had them go on for a good four months. Sometimes I would swear that they put me together wrong. They will go away in time. Much luck.

Closed Thread