It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #1
(female)

cryst HB User
Unhappy bleeding after sex after hysto

I had my hysterectomy 9 months ago and am having spotting after sex.The
last time I actually gushed a lot!Went to ER was sent to doc who said it was from scartissue.There seemed to be a lot of blood to just be scartissue.It
also is uncomfortable to have sex at times,and husband says it feels different.Any one else have this problem?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: bleeding after sex after hysto

I am not sure about that. Did you have everything removed INCLUDING your cervix?? I was told If I kept my cervix (which I did) there is always a chance for bleeding.

Like I said I am 6 months post op and I have not bleed not even with sex. Actualy the sex is better..it doesnt hurt anymore. I dont know about the scar tissue issue....are you still seeing the same doc that is going to Canada?? Is this person by himself or are there other docs in the office??
What you can do is go for a 2nd opinion. Get checked out by another doctor. If this doc is moving to Canada anyhow you will HAVE to find another doc.
What bothers me is I am 6 months post op and I havent had ANY bleeding and you are 9 months post op with bleeding...get another opinion !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
(female)

joojoobee1967 HB Userjoojoobee1967 HB User

This happened to me about 3 months after surgery. I went in and was told that the incision where the cervix was removed was trying to grow tissue. I had blood vessels that had to be cauterized several times. This finally solved the problem. I had mine 7 years ago and have not had any bleeding since.

My husband said it does feel a little different because the cervix is gone but he's used to it now.

Good luck,
Julie

Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #4
(female)

cryst HB User

djl
No but doc is his asociate he runs a womens clinic with about 4 other docs.
Said he left due to stress and med mal practice ins costs in US.Probably for good reason I found out after fact I may not have even needed hysto.He told me I had cancer then said I didn't took everything anyway but could not explain why just shrugged and left husband standing in recovery puzzeled.About 3 weeks later he had a 33 year old patient bleed to death after surgery.Scary huh?Now I'm left with boat load of probs and task of finding new doc to trust.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

OMG that is scary !!
I know it will be hard to find a doc that you can trust, but belive me there ARE docs you can trust. I thought I could trust MY OB that I had for 20 years, but I guess not, now I found an OB that I CAN trust. He helped me and now I am doing well !!
I would ask some of your friends who they use and go for consults. I have a great doc but I don't know where you live, you could be anywhere in the US he is in New Jersey.
You HAVE to see another doc. If you want to hire a Laywer, you WILL have to get another opinion and it has to be lagit.
Unfortunatley the hyst has been done and you can not change that, but if you feel this is something that SHOULD NOT have been done you have to see another doc. Then find a laywer and talk to them to see what actions can be done.

Old 12-01-2005, 01:43 AM   #6
(female)

janine65 HB User

did you have your ovaries and cervix removed as well? This bleeding maybe hormonal and if there is any cervix left you can still have some monthly bleeding.
Or it could be that you can get vaginal dryness post hysterectomy because of reduction in hormones and this could just be an abrasion in the vaginal wall during intercourse. hope this helps

Closed Thread