It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #1
(female)

Simmma HB User
Question How much do Fibroids shrink during/after menopause?

Today I went to see my doctor, and he told me that the results of my scan were this: I have just the one fibroid, and it's 10cm. It in my womb and partly out on one side of my womb. My overies and everything else showed up fine. Now he sayes as I am 43 years old I should be starting my menopause soon and that the fibroid will infact shrink with the menopause. I just want to know if anyone else has just 'waited it out' and what the results were, i.e. did the fibroad shrink and by how much?

Hope someone can give me some help, info on this. thanks.

simmma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SRMom HB User
Re: How much do Fibroids shrink during/after menopause?

You might not start menopause until well into your 50's. I'm sure many, many women wait it out. It would depend on how severe your symptoms are as to what you want to do about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

nashers HB User
Re: How much do Fibroids shrink during/after menopause?

I had my scan last week, i have 2 fibroids measuring 8cm and mutiple ones lower in the womb. Im having very painful heavy periods and im 44, my doc advised me to PUT UP with it until the menapause, not sure about shrinkage but i got my fingers crossed its sooner rather than later. Dont know about u but i feel preganant, bloated tired n extemely ******. What worries me is how long i have to wait for the menapause n how long it will last- bring it on is all i can say!! good luck

Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Deeraysmom HB User
Question Re: How much do Fibroids shrink during/after menopause?

I too have have 3 fibroids , 2 inside the womb and 1 outside the size of a grapefruit which is pressing on my spine all the time causing pain and numbness in my legs can't take anything but motrin or tylenol for pain because Dr. had me on narcotics for 4 yrs just long enough to get me addicted.Said it was to help me until I reached menopause.Well guess what that didn't work !!! I started bleeding severly and then would spot until next period so I found another ob' gyn he told me that even after menopause the fibroids would still be there they just would'nt grow any bigger but, the good news was I would not bleed anymore. I'm 48 now and I've decided I can't live with the pain any longer so look out her comes the hysterectomy.Now I have to decide what to do about pain control no more pain pills for me

The following user gives a hug of support to Deeraysmom:
genev (08-15-2011)
Closed Thread