It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(female)

Cricket03 HB User
ovulation pain after hysterectomy?

I had a vaginal hysterectomy (uterus & cervix) over a year ago with no major problems. But lately, for the past couple of weeks, I've had some pelvic pain - sort of like I used to cramp with my period, right in the middle. I know I still have some pain with ovulation, because I still have my ovaries, but this is different. I went to the doc the other day because I thought I had a kidney or bladder infection or BV. Well they did a urinalysis & I did have a kidney infection. My lower back was hurting, so the doc said that was not from my kidneys because they are higher. I haven't had much experience with kidney infection, but I think I've had it a few times along time ago (my memory is bad), & I thought that was where I hurt, regardless if that was where my kidneys were. I also have fibromyalgia so that pain sometimes travels around, too. I've had BV a couple of times & thought that maybe that was back, but I don't have a discharge. When the doc pressed on either of my sides on my stomach, it hurt, so he said to take the meds for the kidney inf. and if that didn't take care of my pain (& only slight burning when I go), that he would do some scans. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about the pain - could it be something with my ovaries? or something else? I know this is sort of mixed up, but I have so many different kinds of problems/conditions that nothing every seems cut & dried. It usually seems to be a combination of things.

Thanks for any insight,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: ovulation pain after hysterectomy?

I noticed an increase in intensity in my ovulation pain since my surgery. I had an ultrasound that showed nothing. When I talked to my doctor in July he said that there could be adhesions, and when I ovulate, the adhesions may be stretching, causing the increased pain. He said that if it doesn't settle by September that I may have to go on a course of anti-inflammatories to see if that helps. It has settled quite a bit over the last while (thank goodness!).

I hope the meds help with your pain.

Karen

Closed Thread