It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

slimseeker HB User
Question Anyone with fibro ever have a hysterectomy? How did you do post-op?

Hi,

Has anyone here with fibro had a hysterectomy? I have mild fibro, and am having a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks. I am scared how I will do post-op healing from the hysterectomy since I do have mild fibro.

Experiences please?

Thanks
slimseeker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

elmhar HB Userelmhar HB User
Re: Anyone with fibro ever have a hysterectomy? How did you do post-op?

Hi SlimSeeker,

Are you having a total, w/ovaries removed? Sometimes there is a hormonal component that comes into play after hysterectomy.

Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi slim,
i had one when i was 29. i am in my 50's now. it was worth it. recovery is time consuming. if you have it vaginally it is easier than opening your abdomen. i had a small child to care for then and a job.
fibro played a small part in it as i did not even know i had it at the time. i was on hormone replacement therapy for 1 year and had some vitamin b shots due to being so tired. body healing went very well. i had abdominal as i had endometrial tissue all over the inside of me they needed to clean up. after 5 hours on the table i was declared cleaned, giggle.
it takes a normal body one year to heal from any surgery so have patience with your body. you will not regret the surgery. welcome to the hyster sisterhood girlfriend, welcome. i was amazed after i healed how much energy i suddenly had. what a gift!!! lost weight too!
keep us posted on how you do. we are here for you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 09-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #4
(female)

Rita Donnelly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimseeker
Hi,

Has anyone here with fibro had a hysterectomy? I have mild fibro, and am having a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks. I am scared how I will do post-op healing from the hysterectomy since I do have mild fibro.

Experiences please?

Thanks
slimseeker

Old 09-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #5
(female)

Rita Donnelly HB User
Thumbs up Re: Anyone with fibro ever have a hysterectomy? How did you do post-op?

I have had a total hysterectomy, I also suffer ferom fibromyalgia and prior to this I had an early menopause. Which Iwas told was my problem then I got to the stage that all I could moeve were my eyes. Then I was diagnosed as having fibromyalgis. I had a hard time with low energy fatigue aches and pains all over. But I have tried lots of alternate treatments. Chinese Drs accupunture, massage herbs ect...To no avail. So I started using toneing tables. Which really helped me. They gave me energy loosened up my mussels ect... A Gods send for me. I don't use HRTheraphy. Hope this will help you Rita

Old 09-19-2006, 10:09 AM   #6
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi bluelakelady and Rita,

thanks for your responses. My surgery is in 6 days..and guess what? A fibro flare hits. I am feeing better everyday though..doing all the things we need to do to control it.

Thanks bluelakelady, for reassuring me my hyst. will be worth it. I HAVE to have it due to uterine precancer. No choice there. I want it OUT.

Rita, what are toneing tablets? I never heard of those.

Thanks girls again!!

slimseeker

Old 09-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Don't worry about the flare, the pain meds will take care of the fibro too and you really won't be aware of the flare.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:47 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi slimseeker,
normal for a flare to visit. stress related to upcoming surgery. the body knows and it prepares. with fibro we are simply much more aware of the preparation process. remember to breath slowly and deeply.
you will not regret the surgery. the freedom is unbelievable. reminder, it takes the body human one year to fully recover from any surgery. i remind myself of that when my knee hurts. 4 months is 1/3rd of the way there.
network with your family and friends so they can come care for you and your mundane house stuff for a couple of weeks post op. stay up and walking. be sure you massage your incision daily after the stitches are out. prevents cheloids (sp?). scar tissue that lumps up at the surgery site, very painful, easily avoided. i used to massage my scar in the shower. i got cheloids and they were not fun. forgot this time and got them in my knee. i have couple of months to undo that before it becomes permenant. deep tissue massage. yea, ouch!
what else? steer clear of hormone replacements. side affects are not worth the comfort. i was on estrace. then i had my 3rd stroke and decided not to risk another if it was related to the estrogen. so far i am doing better without them than i was on them. go figure?
mood changes, oh yea. those are mostly controlled by choice. i decided before hand that i was not going to go down the insane road my moms generation did with menopause. it worked. when the sudden shift of hormones would hit i was aware of it and removed myself from others to meditate, breath and remind my body this was normal and to accept the healing process. had alot of hot flashes the first year.
i have one ovary that is almost done with menopause. so the hot flashes are here with boots on. actually i like them. the slow warming of my body till i am running with sweat, my heart is beating like i am on a roller coaster, then suddenly it is gone, leaving me cool and a tiny bit shivery. the head rush of all that blood pounding is amazing. i love them. free rides. in winter my hot flashes are my very bestest friend. giggle.
are you having any emotional fallout related to having your reproductive organs removed? you know, like, will i still be a real woman? you will be more woman than you have ever been, trust me. how the mind opens when the bleeding ends.
peace and love,
bluelakelady

Old 09-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
(female)

slimseeker HB User

Hi Misty, Thanks. I figured all the pain meds I'll be on should help the fibro too.

Hi Bluelakelady. Thanks for ALL the helpful tips. Iwill remember those. I am scheduled though for a LAVH/BSO, so I will only have 3- 1/2 in. cuts where the laparoscope will go in...but doc said it may end up being abdominal..so it will be a surprise what I wake up with. I have a precancer of the uterus situation going on, so I must get this out. I have complex hyperplasia with atypia..scary. Monday 9/25 is my surgery...so i will know more then. Thanks for all your replies and being there. I am really scared....not so much of the surgery, but that they'll find cancer...but I am putting it all in God's hands.....he will provide

Closed Thread