It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

sublime71137 HB User
Wink No sex drive after hysterectomy

Hey all,
I'm 31 and had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago. I used to have a CRAZY sex drive, and now its gone gone gone. Will hormones help maybe? It causes some tension in my marriage, and I feel bad for my husband. I feel like he got cheated or something Since he wants to do it and I don't, we agreed on every other night. But I really miss my sex drive and want it back. It was much more fun when I really wanted to do it. Thanks

Old 02-11-2007, 06:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: No sex drive after hysterectomy

Read S. Sumers book "The Sexy Years".
Most libraries have it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

When you say total, does that means they took your ovaries? If so, your hormones (and sex drive) would definitely be affected and hormone replacement therapy would probably help. I hope you two can work it out.

Last edited by Thisby; 02-11-2007 at 04:03 PM.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:19 AM   #4
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

Thank you both. Yes, they took my ovaried too. I've been meaning to go back on hormone replacement but my husbands work dropped insurance so at the moment I can't afford it And I will read that book. Its frustrating, I thought the early 30's are supposed to be prime time for women . I don't want to miss that and either does my husband, he he

Old 02-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime71137 View Post
Hey all,
I'm 31 and had a total hysterectomy 2 years ago. I used to have a CRAZY sex drive, and now its gone gone gone. Will hormones help maybe? It causes some tension in my marriage, and I feel bad for my husband. I feel like he got cheated or something Since he wants to do it and I don't, we agreed on every other night. But I really miss my sex drive and want it back. It was much more fun when I really wanted to do it. Thanks

go check with your gyno, its your harmones, I could almost bet ya, and I think it takes a while after your surgery like a yeah or two to get it all under control , but this is not true for all women just some!
my/g/f had that and she still has some trouble with her sex drive...I know its not ''me'' I'm a mean sex machine... Nah just kiddin.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

He he he word cotton!!!

Old 02-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Please look into Bio-identical hormones before putting artificial hormones in your body. If you use the real hormones, you will feel like a young girl again. Like the other poster said, read Suzanne Sommer's book, or check out books on natural hormone therapy at library. Once you doctor prescribes the natural hormones, they aren't too expensive at the compound pharmacist. Try to cut financial corners somewhere else and spend the money, you are worth it!

Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller View Post
Please look into Bio-identical hormones before putting artificial hormones in your body. If you use the real hormones, you will feel like a young girl again. Like the other poster said, read Suzanne Sommer's book, or check out books on natural hormone therapy at library. Once you doctor prescribes the natural hormones, they aren't too expensive at the compound pharmacist. Try to cut financial corners somewhere else and spend the money, you are worth it!
I will look into the natural hormones. Its part of the reason I stopped taking the hormones in the first place was the big scare about them. I couldn't have imagined at the time what it would do to my sex drive. I don't want to sound sleazy, but its really an important part of my life. You've all been great, thank you.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

It's not sleazy at all! You're in a marriage and it's perfectly natural that you'd want to keep that part of the marriage going. This is wonderful. It's not like you two are in your 80 and it really doesn't matter anymore.
I know that when I had to decide what kind of treatment I was going to have for my uterine problems, my decision was definitely influence by the possiblity of 'sexual disfunction' after a hysterectomy. I know my doctor flinched when I brough up that one, and claimed the rumours weren't true and that in fact the opposite was true (toeing the old party line, obviously). Anyway, my concern drove me to chose another option (and another doctor) and I did it partly based on this potential sexual disfuction, so I'm just trying to say I don't think it's sleazy of you at all. Our sexuality is a huge natural part of our lives and to have it taken away... I feel for you.
Just do some research, consult with your doctor. I know there's a lot of conflicting info out there, but there has to be a workable solution.
Good luck.

Old 02-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I agree with Thisby, However , my g/f Dr had told us that after her hysterectomy that there should not be any sexual disfunction, after the harmones got back to normal, thats been over two years and she still has low sex drive , low selfs-esteen or someting I'm not sure whats wrong?
I DO know that some times when I'm feeling romatic and cuddlin and move over to her side and cuddle, she gets mad throws back the covers and says here just take it..that up-sets me and we don't talk for a few days needless to say I don't just take it.

I hate that she is that way.

Last edited by chevyman; 02-14-2007 at 04:45 PM.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
I agree with Thisby, However , my g/f Dr had told us that after her hysterectomy that there should not be any sexual disfunction, after the harmones got back to normal, thats been over two years and she still has low sex drive , low selfs-esteen or someting I'm not sure whats wrong?
I DO know that some times when I'm feeling romatic and cuddlin and move over to her side and cuddle, she gets mad throws back the covers and says here just take it..that up-sets me and we don't talk for a few days needless to say I don't just take it.

I hate that she is that way.
Those things have happened in my bedroom too. I really feel bad for my husband, I feel like he got cheated or something He's 25, and his sex drive is off the charts still It was great before, but now its irritating to me sometimes. The funny thing is, even with my sex drive like this, with the arrangment we made(every other day) we STILL have sex much more than most of my friends have with their husbands. They all looked at me like I was nuts when I told them at lunch one day Its kind of funny. So of course I went home and said SEE, I Told You You Wern't So Deprived!!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Those things have happened in my bedroom too. I really feel bad for my husband, I feel like he got cheated or something He's 25, and his sex drive is off the charts still It was great before, but now its irritating to me sometimes. The funny thing is, even with my sex drive like this, with the arrangment we made(every other day) we STILL have sex much more than most of my friends have with their husbands. They all looked at me like I was nuts when I told them at lunch one day Its kind of funny. So of course I went home and said SEE, I Told You You Wern't So Deprived!!
your to funny,but I understand what you mean.
''Deprived''is an understatement with me!! HA!

Our problem is after her surgery her sex drive dispeared , before it was sky hi, she wore me out most of the time, and now we hardly ever have sex and I MISS IT BAD, I need sex to keep me going, I know that sounds selfesh on my part but I have had thoughts of infildelity, but most of our friends thats in a monogamous relationship tell me not to that she will get over this bad low self-esteem part of her life/that she will get her sex drive back even more better but I say when? its been 2 years and I have not had a good nights sexual incounter with her or any one sinse her surgery...but the waiting is killing me my g/f has a fantastic tanlizing body she turns me on and its killing me not being able to make that wild hot passionate love to her that I once did.
Maybe I watch to many love scens on TV , Even if I do that just makes it that much harder for me or seeing my friend kiss his wife with passion, I miss all of that.

I can have sex with my g/f but its not like it was , she is not into it and I don't like it to be that way, and when she says things like ''here just take it'' and get it over with'' ...thats a big big turn off with me so I roll over all frustrated and I do start thinking about having an outside affair.

Last edited by chevyman; 02-15-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:13 AM   #13
(female)

sublime71137 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
your to funny,but I understand what you mean.
''Deprived''is an understatement with me!! HA!

Our problem is after her surgery her sex drive dispeared , before it was sky hi, she wore me out most of the time, and now we hardly ever have sex and I MISS IT BAD, I need sex to keep me going, I know that sounds selfesh on my part but I have had thoughts of infildelity, but most of our friends thats in a monogamous relationship tell me not to that she will get over this bad low self-esteem part of her life/that she will get her sex drive back even more better but I say when? its been 2 years and I have not had a good nights sexual incounter with her or any one sinse her surgery...but the waiting is killing me my g/f has a fantastic tanlizing body she turns me on and its killing me not being able to make that wild hot passionate love to her that I once did.
Maybe I watch to many love scens on TV , Even if I do that just makes it that much harder for me or seeing my friend kiss his wife with passion, I miss all of that.

I can have sex with my g/f but its not like it was , she is not into it and I don't like it to be that way, and when she says things like ''here just take it'' and get it over with'' ...thats a big big turn off with me so I roll over all frustrated and I do start thinking about having an outside affair.
I understand what your saying. You and my husband would have lots to talk about! At least once a week I hear, "You used to be such a FREAK, what happened!!". But I am trying to get it back. Looking into what I need to do and everything. Is your girlfriend trying to find out whats wrong? Has she been to the dr? Is any of it self esteem? Losing your drive in the first place will affect your self esteem. I gained some extra weight after my hysterectomy, and that was a big blow also. I started working out again and thats helped a little. Hard to have good sex when you don't feel sexy

Ha ha, thats funny, I said Big Blow, he he!!!

Last edited by sublime71137; 02-15-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Old 02-15-2007, 11:49 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Well my g/f is a very private person, if she knew I wrote this stuff in these boards she would go home to mommy, she has no weight problem she works out everyday and eats healthy, has a nice tan, her body is in excellent shape so thats not an issue.

we have tried to work things out by talking about it,(intimacy or her lack of sex drive) but thats just not enough...she simlpy is not in the mood for intimacy, I like rough sex and it last a while she use to like me tossing her all around the bed ect,,ect,, we had a great time togather, but now after her surgery its like she has no woman-hood about her?? I've tried everything I can think of under the sun from being romatic to bringing her flowers, fixing her things to eat, helping around the house do laundry/wash/dry fold hang up ect,,ect,, make the bed clean house do most of the chores...be at her becon call I treat her like a princess as it is...and I do give lots of forplay it's like something turns on inside her and she all of a sudden gets in these mooods like she mad or something??..and I thought everything was going fine then she just blows up?? thats when we have trouble she says ''here just take it get it over with''...well I admitt I did have intercourse with her like that a few times hopeing she would give in and start likeing it, but nope not with her,she is like a Ice Burg...and I STOPPED having sex with her like that, I want to satisfy her as well as I want her to satisfy me.
and I am not satisfied doing it that way altho I do orgasm but its just not the same as it once was or as good as it once was.

(INFIDELITY)
I sure think that sexy neihbor across the street is looking better and better everytime I see her...I see the way she looks at me and I know I could get her in my bed, but I'm not sure I could have an Affair or not but its sure crosses my mind.
I mean everyone says if I love her don't cheat (I do Love her)..but I'm a normal male and I want and need intimacy and I mean true loving intimacy not just one night stands with someone I don't know..I have a little respect for me too!

Old 02-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #15
(female)

mepa49 HB User

Quote:
Hey all,
I was 35 when I had a complete hysterectomy. I am now 57. No one would give me hormones after the surgery and I became like a crazy woman as I went through surgical menopause!
DO NOT GIVE UP!! Educate yourself, read everything you can find!
Three years after my surgery I found a doctor in England who put me on the estrogen patch! Then six years ago I started with a doctor in SAn Francisco who gave me testosterone cream.
I feel great and look great too!
You need the estrogen for your bones...I have some heavy cervical disc problems, but..my bones are Healthy!
If you have a family history of cancer or heart disease then you have to think long and hard about HRT.
Read, Read, Read, then Sift, Sift, Sift through all the info...then go back to your doctor and TAlk!
I know what you are feeling and I sympathize....Don't Give Up, Educate yourself and best of luck...keep smiling!

Closed Thread