It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #1
(male)

Fabrat HB User
Change in odor after hyst

Hi everyone. My wife had a full hysterectomy a few years ago. Slowly, over time, I have noticed there is a change in the vaginal odor. Where it used to be nearly odorless, now it resembles the odor of a yeast infection. She will treat it as such when I ask her too but it only seems to help for a short time, maybe a week. I assume that since her vagina no longer has a natural cleaning system, maybe she just needs to douch but I don't know. I do know that I tend to avoid ejactulating in her as this makes it worse. Any suggestions or info if douching is OK or not would be greatly appreciated.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
(male)

epmnnds HB User
Re: Change in odor after hyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabrat View Post
Hi everyone. My wife had a full hysterectomy a few years ago. Slowly, over time, I have noticed there is a change in the vaginal odor. Where it used to be nearly odorless, now it resembles the odor of a yeast infection. She will treat it as such when I ask her too but it only seems to help for a short time, maybe a week. I assume that since her vagina no longer has a natural cleaning system, maybe she just needs to douch but I don't know. I do know that I tend to avoid ejactulating in her as this makes it worse. Any suggestions or info if douching is OK or not would be greatly appreciated.
Hygiene is very important, however you must ask her to see a Doctor and do a sensitivity test to determine the best medication for her yeast problem if any, but most importantly, you need to be examined too, to determine that there is no cross contamination taking place, hysterectomy should not give cause for bad OD, do not put off seeing a Doctor the cause may not be as simple as we are making it out to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread