It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

premo729 HB User
Need help making decision as soon as possible!!! Laproscopy or hysterectomy?

I am almost 25 years old and I have two beautiful little girls who are 4 and 18 months. My husband and I have decided not to have anymore children because of the past. We went through a lot to have the other two and are VERY blessed to have them. Anyhow, I have had endometriosis since I was 15, diagnosed through laproscopic surgery. At that time it was pretty bad and then I had to have surgery again at age 18 and 19. After my last surgery I got pregnant and stayed away from doctors because I did not want any more surgeries. Then finally after a year of trying we were unable to get pregnant again. I went to the doctors and was diagnosed with PCOS. I have almost every symptom unfotunatly and had to go on fertility drugs to have our youngest child. Now 18months after having our youngest I have been in severe pain the last few months and have been to the doctors a quite a few times. On my last visit after requesting my files from other doctors, he saw how serious my endo was. He decided that I should have the laproscopic surgery in order to bring some relief to my life. Then after consideration and talking to him, we then started talking about a hysterectomy. He said and I realize that I am just delaying the inevitable if i dont have the hysterectomy now. My mother also had to have one at a young age and she is doing fine. I am looking for information on what you think of my story, which would you have, any complications that anyone has had from a laproscopic hysterectomy (complete), or anything else. I need to call him asap and give him my decision so please help in any way you can!!!

ANGEL!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

ELI2 HB User
Re: Need help making decision as soon as possible!!! Laproscopy or hysterectomy?

Hi I Am 33 Had My Hysterectomy In March Due To Endo I Also Have Two Kids The 2 One I Had To Get Help In Order To Have Her I Have Had 4 Laps To Get It Out But It Kept Comeing Back. If You And Your Husband Are Done With Kids I Would Say Go For It I Have Been There And It Is No Fun Yes It Does Take Awhile To Feel Better After But I Would Never Change My Mind I Feel So Much Better Now No Hurting No Bleadind I Am Sorry For Every Thing You Are Going Through Its Hard But Just Think How Much Better You Will Feel After Good Luck

Last edited by ELI2; 06-26-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #3
(female)

premo729 HB User
Re: Need help making decision as soon as possible!!! Laproscopy or hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELI2 View Post
Hi I Am 33 Had My Hysterectomy In March Due To Endo I Also Have Two Kids The 2 One I Had To Get Help In Order To Have Her I Have Had 4 Laps To Get It Out But It Kept Comeing Back. If You And Your Husband Are Done With Kids I Would Say Go For It I Have Been There And It Is No Fun Yes It Does Take Awhile To Feel Better After But I Would Never Change My Mind I Feel So Much Better Now No Hurting No Bleadind I Am Sorry For Every Thing You Are Going Through Its Hard But Just Think How Much Better You Will Feel After Good Luck
Did you have your hysterectomy through laproscopic or abdominal? My doctor is going to do laproscopic if i decide to go ahead. I am wondering about recovery time.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #4
(female)

ELI2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by premo729 View Post
Did you have your hysterectomy through laproscopic or abdominal? My doctor is going to do laproscopic if i decide to go ahead. I am wondering about recovery time.
I HAD A LAVH WHICH IS LAPROSCOPY ASSISTED VAGINAL HYSTERECTOMY I HAD EVERYTHING REMOVED RECOVERY WAS HARD COULDNT DO ANY THING FOR 6 WEEKS BUT I FELT GOOD SOME DAYS AND I FELT BAD SOME DAYS IF I TRYED TO DO TO MUCH I HURT THE NEXT DAY SO JUST SLOW DOWN I ALSO SPOTTED FOR 6 WEEK BUT THE DOC TOLD ME THAT A LAP HYS IS A LOT BETTER THAN THE OLD WAY RECOVERY IS A LOT MORE WITH THAT. I NOW FEEL SOMUCH BETTER AND SEX IS ALSO BETTER NO HURTING JUST REMEMBER EVERY ONE IS DIFFERENT JUST LISTEN TO YOU DOC AND TAKE IT SLOW YOU WILL HURT AND YOU WILL NEED YOUR MEDS BUT WHEN YOU START TO HEAL YOU WILL FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I WAS PUT ON HRT RIGHT AWAY A PATCH FOR THE HOSPITAL AND NOW ON ESTRACE 2 MG AND IT WORKS GOOD IF YOU NEED THEM

Old 06-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
(male)

randyk47 HB User

My wife had a laproscopic hysterectomy little less than a year ago. Recovery, all things considered, was fantastic. Up and around the house in two days, cleared to drive in one week, and back to work in two. She's had not one problem and is very thankful for a wonderful doctor and state-of-the-art procedure. She's referred two co-workers to the same doctor and both have undergone LSH with the same results. Granted one procedure or approach does not fit all but it worked well for my wife and she's very happy with the outcome.

Old 07-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #6
(female)

sososickofit HB User

hi , I'm new to the site and I saw your post. I have been dealing with pelvic pain for over 25 yrs (I'm almost 40) I've had 10 sugeries to remove adhesions, tubes, ovaries and endo but my pain never stopped. At age 32 I had a complete hysterectomy in a last ditch effort to relieve the pain. It was the worst thing I could have done! My pain has increased 10 fold from what it used to be. I have no life. I can't work or care for my family like I want to and sex is so painful. Please explore your options before you consider this radical surgery. I thought it was going to cure me but I'd give anything to change that decision. I spend my days curled in a ball with the heating pad and my nights are constantly interrupted by the pain. I truly wish you well with whatever you decide is best for you. I hope you are luckier than I was.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 AM   #7
(female)

chris02 HB User

Hi Angel,

My names Chris and I am going through a similar situation to ou. I have been diagnosed with pcos for 10 years and have been unable to have children. I am now 37 and after 17 years of trying to have children I have decided it is never going to happen. I want to have an Hysterectomy if it will get rid of all the symtoms, (weight, Hair, depression, ovary pain, moodswings) and more. Did your gyn give you any idea about this? I see mine on Thursday and it would be good to know what to expect.

Thanks
Cjris

Last edited by chris02; 07-02-2007 at 02:55 AM.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 AM   #8
(female)

premo729 HB User

He did say that it should take care of the PCOS and my endometriosis. There is no definate and PCOS is not a reason to have a hysterectomy he says, however I believe differently. I really believe that this should improve my life pain and other symptoms. Let me know what your OBGYN says.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
(female)

txsurvivor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyk47;306***3
My wife had a laproscopic hysterectomy little less than a year ago. Recovery, all things considered, was fantastic. Up and around the house in two days, cleared to drive in one week, and back to work in two. She's had not one problem and is very thankful for a wonderful doctor and state-of-the-art procedure. She's referred two co-workers to the same doctor and both have undergone LSH with the same results. Granted one procedure or approach does not fit all but it worked well for my wife and she's very happy with the outcome.
Hi! I live in Del Rio and I am looking for a good dr in San Antonio that performs a laproscopic hysterectomy and it sounds like your wife has a good one. Could you tell me who your wife went to? Thanks!

Old 07-04-2007, 08:04 PM   #10
(male)

randyk47 HB User

My wife's doctor was Dr. Rebecca Cavazos. Actually I should have said "is" as my wife switched totally to Dr. Cavazos after the surgery and now sees her as her regular gyn.

Last edited by randyk47; 07-05-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Corrected tense.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #11
(female)

christina_142 HB User

hello,

i had my hyst last year when i was 32, i had 14 day periods and went anemic every month. i had already had a laproscopy done before for adhesions and endo. i was done having kids (i have two, boy and girl) and my midwife wanted to do ablation but i didn't want that because it wouldn't help my pmdd, i was already on climara patch for that. SOOO i made an appt with my doc instead (have been seeing him for 14 yrs) and we both discussed EVERYTHING and my history and we decided on a hyst, i have not regretted it one bit.

i hope and pray you make the right decision for you and can live pain free

Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #12
(female)

premo729 HB User

I had my total hysterectomy on July 18th and I am feeling great! You know the typical pain but really I cant believe how overal well I feel. I know that I made the right decision and thank you to all of you who posted comments back to me!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
(female)

declansmom HB User

I am in the exact situation you are in. I am having a hysterectomy on Aug 28. I decided to have it to help improve my life since I am not having anymore children. Mine will have to be an abdominal though due to other issues. Not looking forward to the surgery and recovery, but looking forward to having a life. I am only 28 so I am also worried about HRT. Let me know what you decide.....

Closed Thread