It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2007, 06:01 AM   #1
(female)

Deborah67 HB User
Unhappy Had Hysterectomy Oct 06, still feeling very low, tearful, can you help ?

Hi, my name is Deborah, I am 40 yrs old and had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy in Oct 06 (age 39) after many years of heavy bleeding, ovarian cysts, intotal 7 operations since the age of 16, not bad eh, I have also had 2 mis-carriages.
The consultant noticed a 6cm cyst on my ovary in Oct and not sure what it was and it was growing it was decided to doa hysterectomy. I was in hospital a week later, acting quickly as they didnt know what the cyst was.
I havent had a family so this was a real blow to me.
I was put on HRT in Jan 07 and have put on a stone in weight. Im still very tearful and it hurts to look at babies. My weight gain is starting to affect my 4 year relationship although my partner has been supportive, but the weight is not helping him with this support.

Can anyone out there offer any advice ?

Love to hear from you x

Old 07-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

Suzi Q HB User
Re: Had Hysterectomy Oct 06, still feeling very low, tearful, can you help ?

I think it is hard for any woman to deal with having a hysterectomy whether they want more kids or they haven't had any yet. I am 25 and had a complete abdominal hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago due to cancer. What helped me the most was having people to turn to for support. My mother had had a hysterectomy when she was only 30 so she somewhat understood but she had 2kids by then. I felt like someone was taking away something that was mine still. I did have a baby about 3 months before my hysterectomy but I was convinced that there were other kids I needed still. I felt like I was letting them down. Plus my husband and I had only been married just over a year and we were both so young. It wasn't something that we, or anyone for that matter, plans on having to do. It can be a long physical and emotional recovery.
Through lots of friends and family support and love we have felt like adoption is the right path for us. but I know it isn't something everyone wants to or can do.

But I know what you mean about seeing the babies. I am still pretty young and all of my friends and family are having babies. There is always someone who is pregnant or someone's baby shower to go to. It is hard not to feel jealous. I don't know how long that takes to go away since I am still struggling with it too. I also get frustrated with my other friends that decide that they are done having babies so they get their tubes tied or something. It makes me wish I got to choose too.

It is wonderful that your partner is able to be so supportive. Lean on your partner if you need support. But like you are doing right now, just talking about it to other people helped me to work through all the emotions faster.

Good luck

Last edited by Suzi Q; 07-25-2007 at 10:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
(female)

heatherd216 HB User
Re: Had Hysterectomy Oct 06, still feeling very low, tearful, can you help ?

I hate you're having such a difficult time; I am 8 weeks post-op from a complete abdominal hysterectomy/appendectomy, and this morning I found out that I have hyperthyroidism. I feel great though, and I was wondering what hormone you are using? Many friends had recommended the patch for me, so on my post-op appt, I told my Dr. that was what I wanted. So, I am now on the Vivelle Dot patch, and it works great. I have not had any emotional instability or anything that I expected. I hope your symptoms get better! Please feel free to resond!

Closed Thread