It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
(female)

kat62 HB User
Pelvic pain after hysterectomy 10 years ago

Can someone please tell me if they have experienced this. It has been going on for a few months but seems to be getting worse. I had a complete hysterectomy 10 years ago and I am having pelvic pain (like menstrual cramps) radiating into my back and legs. What would cause this? I don't know who to go to? The doctors thought it was intestinal. I've had a CTof the abdomen and pelvis which was normal and just had a colonoscopy which was okay. The reason I had my hysterectomy 10 years ago was because of severe endometriosis but I doubt that is the problem after this long. What kind of pain are adhesions? Like I said, this is like menstrual cramps and they are terrible. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Pelvic pain after hysterectomy 10 years ago

I started having severe pelvic pain after having a c-section over 15 years ago. I went to the doctor who directed me to have an vaginal ultrasound to rule out ovarian cancer. That test came out negative. Then she put me on the pill because she thought my hormones were out of whack. I still had the severe pain.

I asked the doctor if it could be adhesions. The doctor said that there is not much they can do about adhesions. If they operate to cut them out, new ones grow because of the latest operation.

The pain I experience is basically over my c-section scar and radiates all downwards. In the beginning the pain would be so bad that I could not sit to eat dinner. The pain would wake me up everytime I would roll over in bed. If my dog went to sit on me, I would throw him off because it was like I was just stabbed. I was just miserable.

So I started doing stomach crunches. It was difficult at first. I found that the more I did, the less pain I felt. I got to where I am doing over 100 crunches a day. If I goof off and don't do them, after a couple of weeks the pelvic pain will return and will not go away without the stomach crunches.

It is like the crunches are stretching the adhesions that were tightening on my organs inside me. When I stop, the adhesions start pulling on the organs again causing pain.

Since you have had no success, you might want to give this a try. I had read a similar post from a guy who does stomach crunches and various kinds of stretches for his adhesions. It has been 5 years and for me I have no more pain and a very flat tummy!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread