It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
(female)

myouchie HB User
Question Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair Normal Pee Pain?

Hi Everyone. This is my first post, I posted this on the hysterectomy board as well. I wish I would have found this site before the surgery. The reason for my post is a question for anyone thats has had a bladder suspension. I had to go home with a catheter. I was not emptying my bladder at hospital. Had catheter in for 9 days. Since they removed it I have had pain while urinating I also had same peeing pain at hospital when they removed it. I think I was emptying my bladder for the first 2 days until last night when I had to get up 3 or 4 times and I have been going every 1 1/2 - 2 hours during the day. Just wondering if this pee pain is normal. I called my Dr. but the nurse just said he wants to see you on wed. 2 days away! And she could not answer whether this is normal or not. Here is a little info on what all I had done. I had the works done on Dec.17, Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair via Laproscopic. I had 2 surgeons a urologist and a gynecologist. My first surgery as an adult, I really was not prepaired for all the discomforts. Did not even know that I would have pain from CO2 gas used during the surgery. Yeah that sucked and was really bad at times for me. Of course I should mention that I suffer from chronic pain in my back due to 2 herniated disk and I am also missing bone on my vertebra and have osteopenia. I am on a pain patch and I take hydrocodone daily. And the morphine pump did not do a darn thing for me. Any info would be most appreciated and I will try to answer any questions that you may have if you are going to be having this done or if you would like to share your own experience. TIP dont stop taking the stool softners at anytime.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
(female)

Leah34 HB User
Re: Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair Normal Pee Pain?

Hi I am 34,I already have my children. I have rectocelle, cystocelle, and prolapsed uterus. My symptoms as of now are vaginal heaviness, my vaginal canal has gotten shorter and widened. It is stretched out. I also get occasional sharp pains down both of my thighs. I do not have incontinence. The main this is I feel as though sex is not the same anymore. What should I do? do the surgery or wait? I would love any input good or bad. I am just unable to figure out what I should do. But I would love to have a satisfing sex life again for myself and my spouse. thanks a lot.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah34 View Post
Hi I am 34,I already have my children. I have rectocelle, cystocelle, and prolapsed uterus. My symptoms as of now are vaginal heaviness, my vaginal canal has gotten shorter and widened. It is stretched out. I also get occasional sharp pains down both of my thighs. I do not have incontinence. The main this is I feel as though sex is not the same anymore. What should I do? do the surgery or wait? I would love any input good or bad. I am just unable to figure out what I should do. But I would love to have a satisfing sex life again for myself and my spouse. thanks a lot.
Hi Leah!
I was diagnosed with a cystocele, rectocele and prolapsed uterus a couple months ago. It seems that since I've been experiencing the pressure and achiness of this, I am having a few sex problems. I did decide to have the repairs and is only waiting for the date in which I'm having it done. I've heard some good stories and some bad ones on here about the sex life after the repairs(mostly that we should wait at least 6 weeks after surgery before trying). Some say that their husbands feel stitches when they try and I'm not sure if those are the ones that had sex before the 6 week time. Good luck with which ever decision you make.

Aleet

Old 01-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
(female)

jayde239 HB User
Smile Re: Hysterectomy, Rectocele, and Cystocele Repair Normal Pee Pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah34 View Post
Hi! I had surgery for a rectocele, cystocele and general prolapse 2 years ago now and it was one of the best things I ever did. I was worried beforehand but can honestly say that my sex life now is better than ever. People pay thousands to have vaginal tightening procedures done for cosmetic reasons, but this operation does it as a bonus side-effect to sorting out the above problems! Just one tip - do wait as long as you can (up to 6 weeks) before having sex after the op. My husband was raring to go after 3 and a half weeks and it wasn't that comfortable for me. But he said it was like going back in time to my before-childbirth state - in other words, he approved of the newly remodelled me! As for me, I certainly get more feeling during sex now so I'm happy too.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
(female)

lori1218 HB User

Hi,

This is my first post and I to was diagnosed with rectocele and cystocele my
surgery is scheduled for July 2, 2008 and concerned about recovery! Is it painful and so on.....I also called by Dr's office and advised him I would be on
my cycle the day of surgery he told me not to change the surgery date that
all would be fine. Kind of floored me! I am 43 and have 2 boys. Run my own
christmas business and wonder if I will be up to working it is labor intense.
Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Lori

Old 06-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #6
(female)

jayde239 HB User

Hi there

Well I had the rectocele and cystocele repair a couple of years back. I wouldn't say it was a walk in the park but CAN say it was one of the best things I ever did. To think I had suffered for so long thinking nothing could be done, and really it was all sorted out very easily. Yes the recovery is a little uncomfortable, though not as bad as I'd feared. I had problems going up and down stairs for a while - I needed to have two feet on each step and go up very slowly. That passed after a week or so. Honestly - I felt like a new woman afterwards. Sexually things were better than ever and I know people pay good money for vaginal tightening surgery - well I got mine as a bonus to the 'cele surgeries! I'd say go ahead and have the surgery - you won't regret it. Just plan to take things easy for a few weeks afterwards. You have to give your body time to heal. I had a post-op check up after 6 weeks and I was completely healed and doing everything I did before by then.
Good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #7
(female)

lori1218 HB User

Hi,

Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I know it has to be done
and it is probably mental with me but I am scared to death....expecially
when it comes to relations with my husband I do not want to have a
problem in that department. The physician that is doing this procedure
is highly recommended, do I need to ask any particular questions when I
go in for my pre-op? I have a neighbor that was in the hospital for 4 days,
he told me I would just be in overnight? One night I can handle but am not
sure about more than that. Thanks again for your help

Lori

Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM   #8
(female)

jayde239 HB User

Hi Lori

I would have thought one night in hospital is a bit optimistic! I was in for 4 nights. It may just be me, but I did have problems peeing afterwards (as in, I couldn't!) so obviously they wouldn't let me go home till that was sorted out. But maybe I was unusual in that respect.

As far as sex is concerned, I really think they say wait for 6 weeks for a reason. Until then you aren't properly healed and it is uncomfortable. As I said earlier, my husband was keen after 3 and a half weeks but I can't say I enjoyed it! However, after the 6 week mark, sex was better than ever. Everything is neater and tighter than before, which is great after 4 children!!

Maybe you should talk to the doctor about what to expect after surgery. My surgeon was great and prepared me for what to expect so I wasn't scared at all. Glad to have been of help and I wish you all the best. Let me know how you get on.

Jade

Old 06-14-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
(female)

lthomas HB User

I am sure you talked to your MD about other procedures that might be done while he was doing the repair. I had just about everything tacked, patched and yanked that you could.

I had a hysterectomy, cyctocele, rectocele, entrocele, prolasped uterus and "plastic surgery" to repair the pelvic floor. I was in the hospital for 4 days but that was a bunch of surgery to recover. I was very tired for several months but I was not in pain. My gyne told me that I would never know I had the hysterectomy. He was right. Most of the recovery was from the bladder sling.

Gymnastics is fun at 18 but not at 40.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
(female)

lori1218 HB User

Hi,

Thanks so much again for all of your well taken advise. I have made a list of
questions I am going to ask on the 26th when I go in for pre-op. I have a wonderful husband and he is wonderful I know that I will be well taken care
of when I get home. I am just going to do what needs to be done and go from that point. Thanks again and I will let you know how things are!

Lori

Old 07-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
(female)

lori1218 HB User

Hi,

I am finally where I can sit up for a while.....without so much pain.

Doc said all went well with procedure - he used a biological and said he put a
couple extra stitches......I have an appointment to him tomorrow I have boulder size thingy down their and I am not sure what it is, it is right on the
bottom and feels bigger on the inside. His nurse said that was not normal.
Has anyone had this? My mind is going 50 different directions and am not sure
what to think. It is very very tender to the touch. I am kind of leary in saying so far so good.

Hope to hear from anyone who has had this happen to them.

Lori

Old 07-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
(female)

kubble HB User

Hello, I am 5 days post op, I can also see a bulge, and can also see allot of stitches on the bulge? I see Dr today, I am too worried, maybe it is swelling? Can you see your stitches?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #13
(female)

lori1218 HB User

Hi,

I can't see any stitches, but I did go back to Doc on last Wednesday and I
had a couple of stitches come loose - he cauterized them (OUCH). He said the swelling is normal and it will go down as it heels, I feel pretty good I lead
a very busy life and am biting at the bit to get back to my business, but I was
told NO until 6 weeks unless I wanted to risk hurting myself that will not able
to be repaired.

I hope all went well with you! Please let me know.

Lori

Old 07-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
(female)

kubble HB User

hello, i saw dr yesterday, said everything looks okay and cannot see stitches while i am lying down, when i examine myself while sitting up on toilet i can see atleast 2" of stitches, i am just scared that it is a bulge that pops out when i am sitting, or is that a normal happening? what did the dr say about your bulge, was it just swelling? how are your bowel movements since the surgery? I am having some difficulties in that department. It was nice to have someone reply, nobody i know personally has never even heard of rectocele. looking forward to hearing back from you, tina

Old 07-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #15
(female)

aleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB Useraleet7 HB User

Hi Lori,
how many days post op are you and how are you feeling now? I'm waiting on my doc to discuss getting my cystocele and rectocele fixed but that has been put off because I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis. I pray that the sling surgery doesn't irritate the IC. Are you feeling as good as expected? I've read some stories on here about ladies who've been 14 weeks post op still having tenderness and not being able to have intercourse! All of that scared me. Did you have help when you got home? I ask this because I have 4 kids and wonder if my mom would need to be here to help me.

Aleet

Closed Thread