It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
(male)

dovvoid HB User
Question Wife choose no HRT for 2 years after total Abdominal Hysterectomy

Has anyone else had to live two plus years in this situation? I tried to get my wife to seek help through the use of HRT to no avail for over two years. I cannot begin to tell you of the upheaval and emotional rollercoaster ride it has been. Finally she went back to the doc who told her that if she wanted to she could take something???? Now I am sure some women may not have any side effects from a full hysterectomy but I doubt it. The ramification of this surgery on our relationship has been very grievous and damaging. She has been using a patch with according to her doc is the lowest dose available. Now I know enough that shouldn’t they check her hormone levels and see where she is at? As far as I know they have not checked this out. What are the long term effects of estrogen depravation???
All Alone

Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
(female)

Suzi Q HB User
Re: Wife choose no HRT for 2 years after total Abdominal Hysterectomy

well, I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago and for the last 2 years I haven't been on any HRT. My husband and I have encountered symilar problems as you. The long term effect of no estogen is a much increased risk of osteoprosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

OHHHH Man sooooo sorry you have to go through this and I can only hope your wife gets better with time. You are a brave man to have endured the wrath of a women that has had a total hysterectomy without the aid of any hormones. Why on earth would she want to endure such 'pain'?! she must be very afraid of something. I can't even imagine of what she herself must be going through. Each women's journey through menopause whether natural or surgical is individual and each one has to decide how she wants to do it with or without HRT's. Why your wife chose this route is strange when there are so many things she could try. Pretty much the hormone level is 'checked' by how she feels. Numbers aren't the best indicator of how a women feels when it comes to menopause. Only she knows how she feels. I would hope that you can support your wife a bit longer as I can feel from the tone of your post that you are thinkin of jumpin ship. It all depends on time....it also doesnt' seem your wife is educated on menopause...I hope both of you are reading as much as you can on the subject so you both have some idea of why things are happening...she sounds scared to death? I am sorry for all couples that have to go through these tough times but life isn't always what you want it to be and in sickness and in health 'til death do us part is a good thing to remember.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
(female)

Dejablues HB User

In another week I am having a total hysterectomy and I will NOT be on any HRT whatsoever. The reason is because I have a history of blood clots.

Since hearing this now I am afraid of what I might be going through

Old 01-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
(male)

dovvoid HB User
Unhappy Re: Wife choose no HRT for 2 years after total Abdominal Hysterectomy

Found out yesterday that my wifes thyroid is all out of wack to boot! When it rains it pours

Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ktee_uk HB User

i had a total abdominal hysterectomy (TAH). No HRT necessary as i kept my ovaries. You only need hrt if you have your ovaries removed.

regards
ktee

Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #7
(female)

IhaveENDO HB User

If her thyriod is out of whack that could attribute to some of her moods. I have hypothyroidism and man were my moods unstable and I fet like crap. Get her on meds for it, then she might be more acceptable of HRT.

Closed Thread