It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

praterd HB User
abdominal hysterectomy

I had my abdominal hysterectomy (uterus only) 5 months ago. Am I still recovering? I feel so tired and sometimes my belly feels tender. (previous to that I had severe bruising on my belly from my seatbelt caused during an accident)

Old 02-05-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
(female)

Ruskingirl HB User
Re: abdominal hysterectomy

It can take as long as a year to feel totally back to normal. If you are really concerned I would call your ObGyn. I still get twinges now and again and I had my surgery eight years ago. Hang in there and take care of yourself (you deserve it!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

RUHere HB User

It has been almost 6 months for me and I hope I am still healing. Otherwise I have some problems that need addressed. I still have tenderness and swelling that happens. I still have twinges, itching, and one spot that is almost always sore. All I know is it my SIL had it a few years ago and it took her over a year to get back to normal so I have been just taking it one day at a time.
Take care!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

praterd HB User

I cannot even get my jeans on. I had to buy a size larger and am still in them. Have you had this problem?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
(female)

casscam HB User

I had a abdominal hysterctomy(they took out everything). I am 39 so I'm not to happy about going into early menopause. I got to the point where every month it got worse so I was ready to go though with it. I had cyst in my tubes , endemetrosis and I have a bicorunate uterus so it was the double the size of a norma uterus. I'm still really sore and keep hoping it will get better. I had two c-sections before this and the healing time was alot longer than I thought it would be. I also had two have 2 pints of blood from a tranfusion. I was suprised to see that by the other notes people wrote that I have alot more healing time left. Good luck with everything.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Smile Re: abdominal hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casscam View Post
I had a abdominal hysterctomy(they took out everything). I am 39 so I'm not to happy about going into early menopause. I got to the point where every month it got worse so I was ready to go though with it. I had cyst in my tubes , endemetrosis and I have a bicorunate uterus so it was the double the size of a norma uterus. I'm still really sore and keep hoping it will get better. I had two c-sections before this and the healing time was alot longer than I thought it would be. I also had two have 2 pints of blood from a tranfusion. I was suprised to see that by the other notes people wrote that I have alot more healing time left. Good luck with everything.
Cass
I had everything taken out too more than twenty years ago. I had an ovarian cyst and endemetrosis throughout my intestines. I took quite a while to completly heal and my scar is still tender after all these years.
Take care.
Nadine

Old 03-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

casscam HB User
Question Re: abdominal hysterectomy

How long does the bloating happen after a hysterectomy? Nine weeks in and still have lots of bloating or I hope that's what it is anyway.

Closed Thread