It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User
questions about bulky uterus

Please explain things to me because my doctor doesnt seem to have the patience i will be changing docs but im in the middle of stuff here..here are my issues...had a sono 2 weeks ago..large bulky uterus,no mention of fibroids.cystic pelvic mass in between uterus and bladder or ovary and bladder.probably from ovulation..periods every 2.5 weeks very heavy bleeding for at least a week..low hemoglobin levels and pressure on my bladder all the time..doc says to do another sono after my next cycle to check out this cystic mass. first he said hysterectomy cause my uterus feels bulkier than the sono says it is..now he says i have other things happening here....so confused!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

Triple777 HB User
Re: questions about bulky uterus

Hi Jules, anyone would be confused....it's good that you're getting a new doc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
(female)

hearts4120 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules3 View Post
Please explain things to me because my doctor doesnt seem to have the patience i will be changing docs but im in the middle of stuff here..here are my issues...had a sono 2 weeks ago..large bulky uterus,no mention of fibroids.cystic pelvic mass in between uterus and bladder or ovary and bladder.probably from ovulation..periods every 2.5 weeks very heavy bleeding for at least a week..low hemoglobin levels and pressure on my bladder all the time..doc says to do another sono after my next cycle to check out this cystic mass. first he said hysterectomy cause my uterus feels bulkier than the sono says it is..now he says i have other things happening here....so confused!!
Hello Jules,
It's unfortunate that sometimes doctors leave patients feeling like we don't have a clue whats going on. Remember, you hired your doctor, so in essence they are working for you.
I totally understand wanting to change doctors, but being right in the middle of you health care makes it difficult, just the very notion of starting over with a new doctor can sometimes seem very daunting. Doing another sono after your next cycle seems pretty logical, what did you think about that decision? You could always pick a new doctor, wait until your next cycle, do the sono and then take all of your information to the new doctor. Second and third opinions are always a fantastic idea.

Lori

DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Fibromyalgia,
ALIF surgery on December 10, 2007, numerous Injections, SCS December 2010.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jules3 HB User

yes lori, thanks, that is my plan exactly..i just got another period after only 2.5 weeks and its so heavy..i will schedule another sono for late next week...thanks again..

Old 03-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

remtana HB User

I have an enlarged bulky uterus and will be having a hysterectomy soon. My doc feels it is adenomyosis since I have alot of the symptoms.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
(female)

alexis1234 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I have the same thing...questionable adenomyosis with "cysts" within the uterus (enlarged). My doc said that we have to do an mri, since the sono isn't really diagnostic if it is adenomyosis. I feel bloated adn there is some bladder pressure. Also have tested pos. for a weird yeast...glabrata which there isnt' that much info on and its tough to treat apparently.

In my thirties with no kids, so I am a little freaked out about surgery.

do any of you know what else adenomyosis is confused with?

For anyone with confirmed adenomyosis what were your symtoms?

Alexis
Quote:
Originally Posted by remtana View Post
I have an enlarged bulky uterus and will be having a hysterectomy soon. My doc feels it is adenomyosis since I have alot of the symptoms.

Closed Thread