It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

Kell1960 HB User
Hysterectomy-Question

Has anyone here had a hysterectomy because of positive high risk HPV and HSIL?

I'm 48 and already post menopausal. I'm considering considering having a hysterectomy instead of LEEP or Cone Biopsy.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hysterectomy-Question

Hi Kell,

I guess you could said I did, but there were a lot of steps I had to go through before getting the hyst.

I was diagnosed with high risk HPV in Dec/Jan of this year. My pap was clear as usual; I've never had a bad one. From there I had to have a colposcopy. The gyn didn't have to do a biopsy of the exocervix because there wasn't anything to biopsy. Just to check, she did an ECC (endocervical curettage). That's where she found the adenocarcinoma in situ. Then I had a cone bipsy. That found the adenocarcinoma Ia1. I scheduled my hyst. The day before the hyst the doctor did a second cone bipsy to determine what kind of hyst she would do (depending on the invasivness of the cancer). Then I had the hyst.

I don't insurance companies will pay for hysts without there being a medically necessary reason. For that reason, the doctors run the test they run like the colpo, biopsies, ECC, cones/LEEPs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

Kell1960 HB User

Hi Pickle Eyes

I'm sure you are right. I will discuss it with her when I see her again. What I consider a medical reason and what an insurance company considers a medical reason are two different things I'm sure.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kell, have you had a colposcopy yet? If not, ask the doctor to perform an ECC while he/she is at it. It hurts, but only for a few minutes. I've always had good paps. Even my colposcopy didn't show anything the doctor needed to biopsy. She found my atypical cells hiding in my endocervical canal.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
(female)

Kell1960 HB User

Pickle Eyes,

I've had 2 colposcopies, 2 ECCs (the speciman from the first ECC was lost). The GYN saw something she needed to biopsy during the second Colposcopy. Two pap smears, the first came back ASCUS, the second came back HSIL.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

:smacks forehead: I think I knew that from one of your other posts. What did your doctor say was going to be the next step? Is that scheduled yet?

Old 07-30-2008, 03:50 AM   #7
(female)

Kell1960 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
:smacks forehead: I think I knew that from one of your other posts. What did your doctor say was going to be the next step? Is that scheduled yet?
She's waiting for my biopsy and ECC results before deciding the next step. I should have them by Friday.

Last edited by Kell1960; 07-30-2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread