Anyway, I'm 6 weeks post-op and have my follow up with the doctor tomorrow afternoon. I have a whole list of questions I'm bringing with me, but I thought I'd run some stuff by the boards and see if there is anyone out there that knows if all this is normal.
1. It's still uncomfortable when I pee. It's discomfort more than pain...but I really hate it. I have had two urine tests since the operation and they were negative for bladder infection. Strong pee urges, trouble "getting it out" and a weird pulling sensation when I do pee.
2. I'm still as swollen as ever. Week 6 and I'm still wearing sweats...can't even fathom getting into my jeans.
3. I still have that weird shelf like flap above my incision. It's numb when I touch it. It has not gotten any smaller. Scar tissue? Hernia?
4. I still have generalized pain, especially when I'm active.
5. I have had, for the past few days, shooting pains that feel like they are going up my vagina.
6. I'm still have insomnia and night sweats, even with my ovaries intact.
7. I'm getting very depressed and frustrated. It seems like I have not made any progress at all since week 3. It's the same every day, swollen and sore and tired.
8. My ab skin still feels very sensitive. Almost like a sunburn when material brushes it. Very uncomfortable.
How will I know if anything is wrong if she doesn't do a scan or anything to see inside? Could these things all be normal and I'm just expecting too much too soon?
I've been driving, washing dishes, cooking and taking walks. I do not lift anything heavy, though I have been known to over do it once in a while and I sure do feel it when I do. How do you know if you've done damage to yourself?
I guess I'm hoping to hear that this is all normal stuff...but if it isn't, I'd like to know that too!! I want to get better!!!
Nan (Ab Hyst on 9/17, removal of uterus and cervix only)
hi i am 4 weeks post-op, i have that small weird shelf like flap, numb along some parts of it, i have my cervix lifted up, plus uterus out , do not have night sweats have breast tenderness,which is not going away, because theres no period. when i wee its ok, i think if the ovaries are taken out the breast tenderness go,s i also had trouble doing the numer two for three weeks, any just going normal this last week, i think we all are different i have read it take some people 6 months to feel right.
Hey Nan! You are NOT whining! You have had major surgery and you have several things that aren't working as they use to. That is totally normal. My hyst was an LAVH, but from what I've read, everything you've said sounds perfectly normal!
Remember, even though you appear to be healing really well on the outside, the insides take a lot longer to heal (4-10 times longer). Don't rush anything. Take it easy. Your body is working REALLY hard right now to heal up everything that was cut during the hyst. It wasn't just your abdomen (and muscle and blood vessels etc). Everything that was attached to your uterus was severed in order to remove it - so everything is having to adjust.
You are doing fine. Just keep taking care of yourself and keep in contact with your doctor. Good luck at your exam tomorrow! Check back with us, ok?!
hi. i'm new here also. i just had a hysterectomy 3.5 weeks ago (10/9) and was so lucky to be able to have a DaVinci Robotic procedure done. I had my uterus/cervix/1 ovary removed. i've had an amazing recovery but i also feel that PEE URGE you are describing. i've had 1 urinalysis thinking i had a UTI but i dont. its getting better now. i'd describe it as almost a tickling feeling while voiding and after voiding and a feeling of not getting all the urine out.
i've had other major abd. surgeries in the past and the numbness sensation you are feeling is normal. i felt a tingling and numbness for 8 months or longer.
I couldn't tell the difference between pain/discomfort and the urge to urinate for the first 10 days or so. It took longer for me to empty my bladder, and I wasn't sure I'd gotten it all even after waiting longer to get up.
Hello. I was reading your 6 week post-op. I had Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy. Only had three incisions. Surgery was 4 weeks ago. You are yhe only one I have found so far that has the swollen belly. How is it now? I am a thin person and having a hard time dealing with this. I feel like I am 5 months pregnant. Has the swelling gone down? How are you feeling now?
Hello. Nan I was reading your 6 week post-op. I had Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy. Only had three incisions. Surgery was 4 weeks ago. You are yhe only one I have found so far that has the swollen belly. How is it now? I am a thin person and having a hard time dealing with this. I feel like I am 5 months pregnant. Has the swelling gone down? How are you feeling now?[/QUOTE]