It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
(female)

tigeer HB User
Smile Hysterectomy

HI .I was diagnosed with endometriosis i had 3 surgeries they removed the uterus lining ,cervix ,muscles responsible for period .I was sure my problems ended but 2 years later more problems edno is back on my ovaries.I am 29 have 2 children thanks to lord but i don't know what to do i had hormones injected for 3 months after that i will need surgery .I know ovaries are very important in the body .please tell me your expirience?

Last edited by tigeer; 01-18-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User
Re: Hysterectomy

I was diagnosed with severe stage IV endo years ago. After having many surgeries, taking every treatment possible and even doing natural therapy, I ended up having to have a total hysterectomy. My ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus were removed at the age of 33.

If you have your ovaries, you run the risk of endo coming back. If you leave behind microscopic endo after a hysterectomy, and go on estrogen replacement therapy, you also have the risk of endo coming back. Most women do not realize this when deciding to keep their ovaries and end up having to get them removed later on.

Hysterectomy was the best option in my case. The endo had pretty much cut off the blood supply to one of my ovaries and had damaged the other one. I had to have both removed. It's been a little over two years since my hysterectomy and no signs of endo yet. I had a very positive experience afterward.

Best wishes in whatever options you choose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
(female)

tigeer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinagirl View Post
I was diagnosed with severe stage IV endo years ago. After having many surgeries, taking every treatment possible and even doing natural therapy, I ended up having to have a total hysterectomy. My ovaries, tubes, cervix and uterus were removed at the age of 33.

If you have your ovaries, you run the risk of endo coming back. If you leave behind microscopic endo after a hysterectomy, and go on estrogen replacement therapy, you also have the risk of endo coming back. Most women do not realize this when deciding to keep their ovaries and end up having to get them removed later on.

Hysterectomy was the best option in my case. The endo had pretty much cut off the blood supply to one of my ovaries and had damaged the other one. I had to have both removed. It's been a little over two years since my hysterectomy and no signs of endo yet. I had a very positive experience afterward.

Best wishes in whatever options you choose.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

tigeer HB User

HI scarolinagirl,thank you for wriding me back , was very helpful ,your right i had stage IV so they removed overis cervix lining muscle for piried but they did not see anything wrong with ovaries so that was the only thing left but after 2 years came back .How you feeling? I am 30 years old i am affraid of loosing the ovaries what about the hormones ? this can't be easy we need them .I am glad to hear you are ok .

Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User

Hey there,

I'm doing well now, thanks for asking. The first few months were rough with trying to find the right HRT but once I found one that my body responded well to, it was a walk in the park afterward. And, physically, it's nice not to have that constant pain. You know yourself from having endo that the pain is unbearable at times. I can honestly say that I have had no pain except for the small amount of pain after the hysterectomy due to recovery.

My suggestions to you would be to get you a good book from the library or book store that has information on menopause and life after hysterectomy. You may also find comfort in speaking with other women who have had the surgery at a young age. I know that doing both of those things helped me understand alot prior to and after the surgery.

But the one sound piece of advice that I can give you would be to remember THAT EACH WOMAN IS DIFFERENT IN HOW THEIR BODY RESPONDS TO SURGERY, HEALING AND LIFE AFTER HYSTERECTOMY. What happens with one woman may not happen to you.

Best wishes........

Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
(female)

tigeer HB User

Hi scarolinagirl , thank you so much for writing back you are wright this is lot of help talking to women about the same problem .I am glad that after your long suffering you found relief ,and you right we women are all different what's good for you may not be good for me but the advice is good enough.I have apt Feb 11 that is the day to schedule the surgry i don't want to wait no more the pain is terrible .Hormones are hard for me i feel not good on them ,terrible headache ,sleepy all day and no sex drive .I hope that will change .After removing overies do you have any sex drive? if i may ask.Thank you again.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User

Hi Tigeer,

With so many hormone therapies available to women today, you may be able to find the right one by trying a few different ones. I know that during my days of taking birth control pills, I had horrible headaches and issues where the pill was concerned. So far, I have used the estrogen pill and tried two patches. The Climara patch has been the best. Vivelle dot made me grouchy and made it impossible to loose water weight.

I can't lie and say your sex drive is going to be the same after hysterectomy. It does dwindle a bit, which is why it is important to find some type of hormone therapy. I combine a small amount of testosterone with my patch on the weekends to up my drive a little. You definately have to find the right combination with your Dr. in order to keep your sex drive somewhat normal.

Best wishes with your upcoming appointment!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
(female)

tigeer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarolinagirl View Post
Hi Tigeer,

With so many hormone therapies available to women today, you may be able to find the right one by trying a few different ones. I know that during my days of taking birth control pills, I had horrible headaches and issues where the pill was concerned. So far, I have used the estrogen pill and tried two patches. The Climara patch has been the best. Vivelle dot made me grouchy and made it impossible to loose water weight.

I can't lie and say your sex drive is going to be the same after hysterectomy. It does dwindle a bit, which is why it is important to find some type of hormone therapy. I combine a small amount of testosterone with my patch on the weekends to up my drive a little. You definately have to find the right combination with your Dr. in order to keep your sex drive somewhat normal.

Best wishes with your upcoming appointment!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
(female)

tigeer HB User

Hay scarolinagirl,thank you again ,that what i was afraid of no sex drive it is hard to be 29 and feel this way i was thinking this is not only effecting me but my marriage to .Its hard to go thrum menopase at such young age .I guess we got to do what ever it takes to feel normal.My doc said he reder cure cancer then edno wonder why ,this is really bed sickens .I think we women should do anything to keep our organs they are very important and they there for reason nothing fake is good but if we have no choice but to remove them the only thing we can do is to find the hormones that will work for our body .Scarolinagirl i wish you the best hang in there if you need a friend i be here for you thanks agine

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I finally have something I can add to this thread! My sex drive prior to my hyst wasn't very high. Now, just over 6 months post op, I am starting to get it back. We still need to be careful when we begin, while everything stretches out, and we need to keep some kind of lubricant close by, but hubby is more than willing to work with me so we both have a good time!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
(female)

scarolinagirl HB User

Hi Tigeer,

Thanks again for your reply. You are very kind!

Listen, I agree with you about trying to keep our organs, and I wish that there was a truly effective way in treating endometriosis.

However, for some women, hysterectomy is the only surgery that can be effective in relieving the pain. It's not a cure, but it helps.

Sex is a huge concern for women after hysterectomy because we want to continue to have a healthy relationship with our spouse. It's a trade off of sorts. Prior to my surgery, the endo caused sex to be so painful that I could not physically stand to have sex. It hurt really bad no matter what methods we used. Atleast now, I can actually enjoy being with my husband without having to cope with all the pain.

Another poster also recommend using lubricant. This can be very important for a women if they are not taking hormones after surgery. Calcium supplements are also important in trying to keep bone loss at bay.

Take care........

Old 01-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

My daughter had a serious case of endo...she had surgery to remove it all and it was everywhere. After surgery Dr. put her on the hormone replacement Prempro to stop the spread of endo and so far it has worked...2 years now and no problems.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
(female)

tigeer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
I finally have something I can add to this thread! My sex drive prior to my hyst wasn't very high. Now, just over 6 months post op, I am starting to get it back. We still need to be careful when we begin, while everything stretches out, and we need to keep some kind of lubricant close by, but hubby is more than willing to work with me so we both have a good time!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #14
(female)

tigeer HB User

Good for you .This is the way to go take care.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #15
(female)

tigeer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
My daughter had a serious case of endo...she had surgery to remove it all and it was everywhere. After surgery Dr. put her on the hormone replacement Prempro to stop the spread of endo and so far it has worked...2 years now and no problems.

Closed Thread