It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 04:39 AM   #1
(female)

kmann92 HB User
Yellow discharge post op diagnosed

Hi! I have been posting my total vaginal hysterectomy experince under the Total vaginal hysterectomy yesterday thread. I had asked the question on that thread regarding a yellow discharge with low grade fever on that post. I searched the threads on this health boards as well as others and found lots of people asking the question but no answer. So, I decided to post the answer here for others. I called the doctor yesterday after having the yellow discharge and low grade fever for several days. I had some discomfort as well. The doctor immediately sent me to the ER where they performed several blood tests and took several samples from the vaginal cuff. They determined that I had an infection in the vaginal cuff. The stitches looked good and were still intact. The doctors said that anytime you have a yellow discharge after surgery you should be checked immediately as its a good indication of infection and if left untreated can spread. NOT GOOD. So to anyone asking this question after surgery please call your doctor and do not wait as I tred to do as it will likely cause more problems and can put you back into the hospital!! Wishing all of you great health and speedy recoveries!!

Old 01-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Yellow discharge post op diagnosed

Kmann, thank you for posting this. If a woman has any colored discharge other than the bloody discharge from surgery (or perhaps that black coffee ground stuff from the Monsel's solution) she should, at a minimum call her doctor, or better yet go to the ER. ESPECIALLY if she is running a fever (like you were). There are so many cuts during a hyst, an infection can spread very quickly.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

kmann92 HB User

Well, of course the doc is not in today so I will have to wait till tomorrow. Feel about the same today as I did yesterday. Back on pain meds and antibiotics. I can not wait to feel 110% again!! Not patient as this is killing me! But I will stay as lazy as possible until appt. tomorrow!!!!

Old 01-27-2009, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

kmann92 HB User
Wink Re: Yellow discharge post op diagnosed

Just got back from gyn appt. Guess I will finih the antibiotics and get some extra rest!! YeeHaw!! Can't wait to feel like the normal me again!!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Kmann, I know you are anxious to get back to your regular schedule and to feel better, but know that it will take time.

Two of the hardest lessons I learned were (more) about patience and being humble and allowing people to help me and do things for me when I had cancer. They weren't easy lessons, but I'm glad I had people who cared enough to help me out.

Rest and allow your body time to heal.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
(female)

kmann92 HB User

Thanks Pickle Eyes,

I am sure trying. I have never been a very patient person but I am learning!!!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
(female)

kmann92 HB User

After several days the antibiotics seem to be helping. I am feeling better except I have terrible headache. I have had several not and nothing seems to get rid of them. Has anyone else experienced this???

Closed Thread