It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
(female)

RAHR HB User
Question PostOp vaginal hyst & prolapse question

Good morning!! I am hoping someone can perhaps put my mind at ease. I had a vaginal hyst with bladder prolapse surgery on 12-29. The doctor removed my uterus and cervix primarily because my cycles were HORRIBLE and the fact I'm done having children and it's better for the prolapse issue I was having. On 1-19 I went for my follow up and the dr. told me I had a stitch remaining and gave me vaginal cream to use for 2 weeks to help disolve it. Inserting the tube proved to be difficult, not painful but almost like I couldn't insert it. Now...my husband and I had intimate relations a week ago and it was not pleasant. It didn't hurt but it felt like there was a "roadblock" of some sort. I couldn't find my "spot" AND he told me not only did he feel like it was definately different and hitting something or the end of my vagina but the next morning he had a mark, kind of like a straight line across the tip of his private part. Is it possible that the stitch is still there??? I do have a call into my doctor but my biggest fear with this whole surgery was having my sex life change...I'm only 43 and happen to still enjoy it. Now I'm afraid.

Any thoughts??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: PostOp vaginal hyst & prolapse question

Gosh, the only thing I have say is call the doctor. It sounds he/she needs to look to see what is going on in there. I don't have any great advice, though.

How are you feeling otherwise?

Let us know what the doctor says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

antsymomma HB User

Oh my gosh!! That's scary. I'm having the same problems with my periods!! And I'm on an IUC and birth control pills at this time. I'm scheduled to have surgery in April. Please, let me know how things go for you......I'm so sorry to hear about your problem. I hope you doctor can fix whatever is wrong.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

RAHR, have you spoken with your doctor's office? I'm hoping everything is ok!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #5
(female)

jill60 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAHR View Post
Good morning!! I am hoping someone can perhaps put my mind at ease. I had a vaginal hyst with bladder prolapse surgery on 12-29. The doctor removed my uterus and cervix primarily because my cycles were HORRIBLE and the fact I'm done having children and it's better for the prolapse issue I was having. On 1-19 I went for my follow up and the dr. told me I had a stitch remaining and gave me vaginal cream to use for 2 weeks to help disolve it. Inserting the tube proved to be difficult, not painful but almost like I couldn't insert it. Now...my husband and I had intimate relations a week ago and it was not pleasant. It didn't hurt but it felt like there was a "roadblock" of some sort. I couldn't find my "spot" AND he told me not only did he feel like it was definately different and hitting something or the end of my vagina but the next morning he had a mark, kind of like a straight line across the tip of his private part. Is it possible that the stitch is still there??? I do have a call into my doctor but my biggest fear with this whole surgery was having my sex life change...I'm only 43 and happen to still enjoy it. Now I'm afraid.

Any thoughts??
I would think you are (or your DH) is hitting the vaginal cuff. I had total hysterectomy with my cervix removed. It was just like you described a road block! My Dr. who tied my bladder up said you just & to stretch it & use plenty of lubricants. It took us a few months but things are back to normal now!!

Jill

Closed Thread