It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

onesassy2u HB User
how do you know if the yellow discharge after a hysterectomy is infection

how do you know if the yellow discharge after a hysterectomy might be an infection? Also, I constantly feel like Im fixing to start my period (cramping, pain), is that normal

Old 03-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: how do you know if the yellow discharge after a hysterectomy is infection

I had the dull achy kind of like cramps, but not completely. It lasted for several weeks. It would come back if I had been up a lot (after I"d built up some stamina and strength). You can take some over the counter meds like ibuprofen or tylenol (if you aren't still taking your prescription pain meds). A heating pad set on warm might help too. BUT . . . before you start either, call your doctor's nurse and ask if what you are planning to do will be ok.

As far as the yellow discharge, call the nurse. I never had yellow discharge. I would think that is the beginning of an infection.

Otherwise, I hope you are feeling pretty good. How long ago did you have your hyst? What type?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
(female)

titaniumgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesassy2u View Post
how do you know if the yellow discharge after a hysterectomy might be an infection? Also, I constantly feel like Im fixing to start my period (cramping, pain), is that normal

does the discharge have a odor to it. I agree with Pickle Eyes sounds like a infection call doc or nurse asap.. i never had a discharge. and if you are having pain and a discharge i would call doc asap

Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
(female)

tmyers2147 HB User

I just had a total vaginal hysterectomy on April 13th and I also had yellow discharge with an odor that was almost offensive. I find it hard to believe that the other replies you have gotten said they weren't affected by this because when I called my doctors office to see about getting an appointment his nurse called me back and said this was the most common complaint they get from women post op hysterectomy and that it is completely normal and likely caused from the dissolving stitches. I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow and still being bothered with it, the nurse said it should go away by my 6 week check up.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #5
(female)

titaniumgirl HB User

Quote:
I never had any trouble with my surgery other than normal post op pain and tenderness. No cramping no "period pain" and NO YELLOW DISCHARGE (I do have scar tissue that will bother me, but i had fribro wrapped around my intestines and it had attached everything to my stomache and it had to be cut away, I told my doc it felt like someone had run a 10 mile run in my gut but other then that no problems)
woman will sometimes have a clear oderless discharge.
Yellow or a discharge that looks like cottage cheese and a odor sounds like infection my personal views only any kind of discharge that does not feel normal or look normal needs to be checked out by a doc. If the doc gives you a hard time or run around. Call your insurance
private or state and talk to the on call nurse tell her what is going on and see if she can get the ok to have you seen by a different doc or go to ER

Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
(female)

jill60 HB User

I had a yellow discharge for about 5 weeks after my L.A.V.H., panty liners took care of it. I didn't have to wear a regular pad.

Jill

Quote:

Closed Thread