It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #16
(female)

tammykinz HB User
Re: is anyone sorry they had a hysterectomy?

I am 33 years old and I had a hysterectomy approx 6 years ago. I had tons and tons of severe pain with my periods and heavy bleeding. I ended up hemorraging due to a hormone imbalance from hormone treatments and stuff I was on. I had to have it removed. I kept my ovaries. I had endometriosis, adenomyosis and a fibroid. I have 2 girls now ages 12 and 10 so I had my kids.

Here are my feelings. I don't suffer any more from the periods or heavy bleeding or that severe pain that left me doubled over thinking I was going to die. YES I am glad I had a hysterectomy because now I don't suffer. I still have my ovaries and my hormones are at normal levels.

I wish I never had those problems so that I didn't have to have a hysterectomy, Nice not having periods though. I probably would of wanted another child. I still dream about having another baby and sometimes I have a dream where I am pregnant and so happy and don't want to wake up because it is depressing to wake up and know that I can't have a baby. I am fortunate to have 2 girls though.

So that is how I feel about it. Yeah I would of had another baby but not worth all the pain and problems.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have Multiple Scerlosis, so having children wasnt in my game plan anyway- in fact, Ive already had a tubal....but I have three stepchildren and they give me plenty of "mothering" skills.
I appreciate where you are coming from though- had I not developed MS, I might have thought differently about this.
Im glad things worked out for you overall.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #18
(female)

anna mamma HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have Multiple Scerlosis, so having children wasnt in my game plan anyway- in fact, Ive already had a tubal....but I have three stepchildren and they give me plenty of "mothering" skills.
I appreciate where you are coming from though- had I not developed MS, I might have thought differently about this.
Im glad things worked out for you overall.
Nikki
Hi Nikki
I had fibroids and heavy bleeding for several years. I was also pressured to have a hysterectomy. I put up with the heavy bleeding (haemorrhages when very stressed) - I had no pain and cervical smears were normal - and then it all stopped as my periods became less frequent and stopped at age 52. I felt lucky that I persevered. I have always followed my instincts. Anna

Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I had hysterectomy 33 years ago and ovaries removed 12 years ago. No problems in the sex department until after ovaries were removed.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Anna and Misty, thanks for the responses! Since Im still in my early 40s and my TSH shows that im not menopausal- Im guessing Ill have to either make a decision to have the hyster, or put up with this for awhile longer...maybe a long while!
Misty, interesting that your ovaries affected things so much...being that I have MS, Im already having sexual related issues- so Im guessing that no matter what, things arent going to improve..
But thanks for your input!!
Nikki

Old 11-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

I had it done in July of this year, I am 29 years of age and had bad Crohn's flare ups during my cycle. I wanted to have it done and am glade I did. I healed up great and went back to work 3 weeks later. Would have been two but then I got strep throat. My mother in law had it done and she has MS too. She says it was one of the best things she's done. Everybodies different and things can go wrong but thats were we hope and pray things will work out.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 11-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #22
Facilitator
(female)

Thanks for your input....you would have gone back to work in 2 weeks? WOW. May I ask what method they did the hyster with that the recovery was so short?? Im being told with a laproscopic assisted, possibly 3 weeks...

Sorry to hear that you guys both suffer from autoimmune diseases too. You have my sympathy.
Nikki

Old 11-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #23
Inactive
(male)

-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User

I had a hysterectomy back when I was 30 and at the same time they did a laproscopy surgery on me because I had endometreosis and it took me about 7 weeks before I could go back to work and then I pulled my stitches out and was put on light duty work for another 2 weeks. It hurt me like hell, but like you said everyone is different...I do regret having mine at times because I wanted another child and now I will never have that chance. I can not imagine anyone going back to work after just 2 or 3 weeks. You sure are a brave strong person to be able to handle going back to work that quick. What type of work do you do and what type of procedure did they do on you for it to heal that fast? Good luck...

Last edited by -CvC-; 11-29-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: P.S. I am xevookie's girlfriend...did not know the post would be under his name...sorry..

Old 12-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #24
(female)

weaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB Userweaver02 HB User

I teach and take care of infants and 2 year olds. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy. I did have back pain for a few weeks, but I needed to work.

Hysterectomy
Appendectomy
Cholecystectomy
Sinus surgery
Tonsillectomy

Old 12-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #25
(female)

ladycamaro40 HB User

i had a vaginal hysterectomy and it was the best thing I could have done. I had pain, heavy bleeding, ect. I have had no problems since and to boot no more periods. it took me about two weeks to fully recover and about six months for you body to accept the fact your uterus is gone. You will have light monthly cramping like you had when you had a period about 3 months and then nothing. Best choice I ever made.

Closed Thread