It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

tammykinz HB User
hysterectomy 6 years ago

Hello

Had a hyst 6 years ago, kept my ovaries. I am 33 years old. I had painful periods. endometriosis that was removed a few years before hysterectomy. Pain came back, very heavy periods. Tried all the BC pills and then the depo-provera shot which left me in a hormone imbalance and I hemorraged badly to where they had to give me blood transfusion (I took 4 pints of blood) just to stabilize for the surgery to remove the uterus. Then I had several months of iron therapy and rest to get my hemoglobin levels back to normal. I have been pain free since with no problems aside from IBS which I have developed.

wondering if anyone who had hysterectomy a=lready still gets menstrual like cramps. I noticed =lately that I am getting this achy, crampy, bloated warm like cramps in lower abdomen that is very similar to menstrual cramps. It is really weird. I started drinking soy milk about a month ago and cut out most dairy because I have =irritable bowel syndrome. so just curious if this could be from the soy since it has the phytoestrogens?

Or could I have dev=eloped a fibroid again or endometriosis?? My endometriosis was very mild and when they removed it a few years before the hysterectomy it never came back. It was the adenomysosi and fibroid that gave me all the problems but that was related to the uterus which is now gone.

===any ideas ???

Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: hysterectomy 6 years ago

I kept my ovaries and sometimes I get bloated, breast tenderness, or otherwise PMS-y every now and then. It isn't all the time. I figure it is my body letting me know that my ovaries are still functioning . . . at least every now and then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
(male)

Shirokuma HB User

Endometrial tissue may go anywhere in the abdomen or event body.

Wife has adhesions on bowels etc. So get it checked out I think.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
(female)

MATTIE2 HB User

I had a hysterectomy 11 years ago, I have suffered bloating and stomach cramps ever since, especially first thing in the morning, (the pain eases when I have a bowel movement). I was first told I had IBS, (this is a general answer to all pain in the abdomen) non of the medication had any effect, so I did some research myself and found out about adhesions, which grow after abdominal operations. I had keyhole surgery to split the adhesions, but the problem is that each surgery causes more adhesions. (The main cause of adhesions is the gas they use in abdominal operations)

I also have Bowel Prolapse and have been told by my consultant that they can do an operation called STARR. Not sure about this!!

Old 11-02-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
(female)

manthy HB User

I have had the same problems. I also had my hysterectomy 5 years ago (I also kept my overies). I have also had the pains of pms. I am starting to have problems with my bladder. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #6
(female)

MATTIE2 HB User

Yes I have bladder problems too, I am hoping this S.T.A.R.R. (Stapled Transanal Rectal Resection) operation will help. If it reduces the pain in my abdomen it will be worth it.

Pat

Last edited by hb-mod; 02-24-2010 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
(female)

saach HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammykinz View Post
Hello

Had a hyst 6 years ago, kept my ovaries. I am 33 years old. I had painful periods. endometriosis that was removed a few years before hysterectomy. Pain came back, very heavy periods. Tried all the BC pills and then the depo-provera shot which left me in a hormone imbalance and I hemorraged badly to where they had to give me blood transfusion (I took 4 pints of blood) just to stabilize for the surgery to remove the uterus. Then I had several months of iron therapy and rest to get my hemoglobin levels back to normal. I have been pain free since with no problems aside from IBS which I have developed.

wondering if anyone who had hysterectomy a=lready still gets menstrual like cramps. I noticed =lately that I am getting this achy, crampy, bloated warm like cramps in lower abdomen that is very similar to menstrual cramps. It is really weird. I started drinking soy milk about a month ago and cut out most dairy because I have =irritable bowel syndrome. so just curious if this could be from the soy since it has the phytoestrogens?

Or could I have dev=eloped a fibroid again or endometriosis?? My endometriosis was very mild and when they removed it a few years before the hysterectomy it never came back. It was the adenomysosi and fibroid that gave me all the problems but that was related to the uterus which is now gone.

===any ideas ???
dear i have the same problem,its acalled adhesion.doctors dont have any medicine for it.now a days i am using homeopath medicine and alhamdolilah no pain.

Closed Thread