It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

hotel dieu HB User
New diagnosis after hysterectomy.

Hi all: after having my hysterectomy for endometrial cancer last August, have now been diagnosed with kidney cancer (left), The right kidney looks OK for now. This is depressing news- have to have kidney(and adrenal gland) removed in February. What next! Just had chest X-ray to look for metastecies in lungs - no result yet. Surgeon says the kidney cancer is not related to the uterine cancer. Has anyone else had kidney cancer after endometrial cancer. Any info appreciated. All prayers appreciated.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: New diagnosis after hysterectomy.

hotel dieu

Why are they waiting until February to remove the kidney? Are you having treatments before the removal?
I am sorry for the bad year you have been having and I will keep you in my prayers.
Please keep us up to date on your condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2009, 06:06 AM   #3
(female)

hotel dieu HB User
Re: New diagnosis after hysterectomy.

Thank you Shisslak for your thoughts & prayers. The nephrologist first said he would book my surgery for the middle/end of January but then I told him I wanted to take a vacation for a couple of weeks (I take my mom, who is 90 years of age) to the Dominican Republic for 2 weeks every winter, and he said go on vacation. He said it would not make any difference in the outcome to wait 2-4 weeks longer for surgery. I sure hope he is right but this may well be my last visit to the island so will try to make the most of it. I save up my money all year for this holiday. I saw the urologist yesterday and the reports on the adrenal gland function are back and are normal, so the mass on the left adrenal gland may not be malignant, but they are sure the left kidney mass is malignant (without having done a biopsy). God bless you all.

Closed Thread