It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

needhelp52 HB User
how long does it take for swelling to go down after a hysterectomy

had major surgery this past august. complete hysterectomy. They also removed sever endometrios. My whole stomach is still swollen and I am still hurting...Very sore. End up coming home with an open wound and was on wound vac for 12 weeks

Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: how long does it take for swelling to go down after a hysterectomy

It sounds like you had some extensive post surgery therapy. I don't know anything about woundvac, but it sounds somewhat invasive. What has your doctor said about the swelling and healing?

Under average circumstances, I would think abdominal swelling and pain decreases every week post op, after the first week or so. I didn't have an abdominal hyst, but I think it is normal to have swelling up to 2 and 3 months post op, but it is less than the initial swelling. Hopefully you are on the upswing of healing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
(female)

DhuivetterDarci HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp52 View Post
had major surgery this past august. complete hysterectomy. They also removed sever endometrios. My whole stomach is still swollen and I am still hurting...Very sore. End up coming home with an open wound and was on wound vac for 12 weeks
Hello,
I also had a total hysterectomy November 19,2009. Did your doctor give you any indication how long it takes for the swelling to go down? I am so tired of being asked when I'm due : ) Thanks,
Darci

Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

moommin HB User

hi i had,hysterectomy in,july, every thing out, abdominal ,i have put weight on everywhere,my stomach looks like im pregnant,its bigger than befor my op it gets gigger as the day goes on,im craving sweet food,i have never had a weight problem in my life, im 5ft 1 and my body feels so heavey,my joints are also starting to hurt,in my fingers and thumbs and knees,whats going on

Old 04-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
(female)

sunfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by moommin View Post
hi i had,hysterectomy in,july, every thing out, abdominal ,i have put weight on everywhere,my stomach looks like im pregnant,its bigger than befor my op it gets gigger as the day goes on,im craving sweet food,i have never had a weight problem in my life, im 5ft 1 and my body feels so heavey,my joints are also starting to hurt,in my fingers and thumbs and knees,whats going on
Thank you for posting this. I had a "total" hysterectomy in October due to Granulosa Cell Tumor on my left ovary and am experiencing this same swelling. It's very frustrating. My weight has skyrocketed. I don't look fat...I look swollen. Have you gotten any answers? Has things gotten any better? I'll see my Gynecologist Oncologist this week...hoping for answers!

Closed Thread