It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

SummerTulip HB User
Question Laparascopy for pelvic pain

Hi all -
I'm hoping someone has experienced this here and can help me out!

About 6 months ago, my periods became very heavy and painful with massive clotting. This resulted in a mild anemia. My doc put in a ref to a gyn and before I made it to him I had a ruptured hemorrhagic cyst on the right side that put me in the ER. They did an ultrasound and saw that I had "quite a bit of blood" but because the pain was localized they figured I was ok to just follow up with the gyn, so they gave me a script for percocet and sent me home. That was about 8 weeks ago.

Since then I have been having to take the percocet daily because 4 weeks after the first cyst, I had another one rupture on the other side. I'm in intense pain, which causes nausea and headache. I'm horribly fatigued and grumpy as all heck. I feel like I've been totally run over by a truck.

I've had a total of 5 ultrasounds with nothing other than the cysts and free floating fluid seen, lots of pelvic exams, 3 visits to the ER, an iud inserted to try to stop the anemia, a CT scan and did a course of antibiotics with no difference.

They've scheduled a lapraoscopy on the 7th and i just want to get it over with already. I've read a lot online so I think I know what to expect, but I really wonder what could be going on with me! Does this sound like anything to anyone? Has anyone dealt with similar symptoms. I'm very fearful that it could be something serious and I'm just so worried about that as well as emotionally drained. I hate that I've had to take percocet daily for 2 months!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2009, 05:49 AM   #2
(female)

SummerTulip HB User
Re: Laparascopy for pelvic pain

Just had to take a percocet even though I'm home alone with my 3 year old today. Ugh. I hate feeling this way!!!!!

Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 AM   #3
(female)

SummerTulip HB User

Can anyone offer any suggestions or suggest another site where folks might be able to help me? I'm totally freaking out here!

Old 01-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
(female)

anotherpixie HB User

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you've had to deal with this. I've never checked out the Women's Health Board here before today, so I don't know how active it usually is. I do know there are some things ultrasound won't show that a lap is needed to assess and remove, such as endometriosis. Did your gyn discuss this with you? They should give you an idea of what to expect and what they might be looking for. I wish I had some advice for you. Hang in there, it will get better!

Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

SummerTulip HB User

Thanks! He didnt say much, just that I was a "mystery" and that he needed to look and see what was going on.

i really hope he figures it out on Thursday - the pain meds aren't cutting it anymore and the pain is increasing. I'm so sick of this crap! Thanks for your response!

Old 01-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
(female)

jdsun HB User

Summer-
I am so sorry you are going through. I am somewhat in your shoes. I posted a new topic myself about my ongoing issues. First of all, i am a chronic pain person who lives on daily pain medication due to 2 back surgeries. I have a 3 and 5 yr old, so I know how trying it is to take care of little ones while being in pain.

I am scheduled for a lap on Monday morning. Like you, I had intense pain that sent me to the ER 2x last week. CT scan showed large absominal mass near my ovary. The told me I had an abcess and needed surgery ASAP. Back to the ER I went (I had gone home) and they did an ultrasound first. Found something similar to you...2 small cysts on my ovaries and some small fluid. My pain was gone by this point, so they told me the mass must have been a cyst that ruptured and I would be fine. Two days later the pain returned...worse. Back to the ER. They scanned my kidneys to rule out stones. All clear. They sent me home saying it must be another cyst. Finally I get into my OBGYN and they found a large mass on my ovary. They are stumped and have no idea what this is. You see...I just had a large surgery 3 months ago. I had a lap assisted hysterectomy. They removed my uterus, cervix, repaired my vaginal/rectum prolapses, and put in a bladder sling. Whatever this thing is inside me now, wasn't there 3 months ago.

Of course I am freaking out thinking it is cancer. My doctor tells me cancer does not grow like this..but I am still scared. I will find out Monday what this thing is inside of me.

Best of luck to you. Pleae keep me posted about your progress..

Jdsun

Old 01-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
(female)

SummerTulip HB User

Hope that your lap went well jdsun. Mine is tomorrow afternoon and I just want to get it over with. My doc had me double my dose of percocet yesterday and it's made a world of dfference but I can't keep doing this!

Old 01-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
(female)

jdsun HB User

Summer-
Good luck with your lap tomorrow! Please post back when you can. My lap went well. The source of my pain was a cyst that had gotten heavy and fell onto my ovary and twisted my ovary...ouch!! My surgeon said the cyst did not look cancerous at all and took no further measures. He just removed the right ovary and tube and left my remaining left ovary. He said the cyst was filled with fluid and blood. It was sent to pathology, but my surgeon assures me it looked completely normal. i guess they have a pretty good idea once they actually on in and see things.

The lap itself went pretty well. The worst part about the whole thing has been the gas pains. When I had my large surgery 3 months ago, it was laparscopic, but I never had any issue with the gas. I have lots of pain in my chest, upper shoulders/neck. I cannot lie down at all, so sleeping has been somewhat of a challenge.

I am just glad it's over and I know in a few more days I will be feeling much better! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope all turns out well for you.

Jdsun

Closed Thread