It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Want to talk to others post hyster and endo

Hi wanting to talk to others who have endo and had a hysterectomy. I found out l had endo after the hyster. The hyster was for a biggish ovarian cyst and lots of ashesions l had the op 5 weeks ago and 2 days. They removed everything. I have now been giving klifoem hormone replacement and would like to talk to others going through the same. Sprry this is short but will write more later. Thanks all x

Old 05-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Want to talk to others post hyster and endo

Hello Niecsey,

They usually do not remove the uterus for an ovarian cyst. Was your doctor planning to do the hysterectomy before the procedure or was the hysterectomy decided upon once they got in there and saw all of the adhesions and endo ? For ovarian cysts they remove either the cyst or the cyst and the ovary.

I myself had a very large ovarian cyst and had to have my left ovary and fallopian tube removed because of it. In my case, I still have my right ovary so hormone replacement is not necessary. However, since the operation, I have had episodes of painful urination (my operation was a year ago) and I was given potassium citrate to take. I have come to realize that the painful episodes mainly occur around day 7-10 of my cycle and they go with a lot of dryness so I am suspecting that it is something hormonal that is causing urethral inflammation and irritation.

I still cannot believe that a supposedly routine procedure can cause this and I have heard the painful urination complaint from a lot of women who have had hysterectomies. Hopefully you are not one of them. I hope you are doing better with your recovery. I was fortunate to have a laparoscopy so my recovery was much shorter than yours would be (provided you had the hyst with a laparotomy and not with an LAVH).

I am sure that other women will come along soon with their own experiences but I just wanted to say "hang in there" as your recovery is in sight at this stage of the game and worst should be over.

Take care of yourself.

Estria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Estria x we have spoken in the past a few times My womb was bulky and everything was stcuk to it and that to other things so l knew it was coming out... the endo and fibroids were found afterwards the cyst was 4 inches last September and that along with everything else came out in my hyster. The wee problems only last a few weeks its bladder spasms mines fine now. Im still early days of recovery so having bad days ok days and and odd few hours of feeling super I have yet to start dual hrt dont feel ready to start it yet but been told l must to protect bones will do it on my own time! Just a bitwary right now. Thanks for reply and hope you feel better soon xx Ps Estria could you have adhesions on your bladder??????????

Old 05-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hi Niecsey,

Yes I do remember that we spoke before and I am glad that you will finally have a resolution to all of these problems. It's amazing what we learn to put up with over time.

The bladder spasms that you mentioned is exactly what I have from time to time and it started about a week after my surgery. I have noticed that it has gotten a lot better with time but about a week after my period starts I have the spasms for a little while. Since it seems to be cyclical, I suspect that it is related to my hormones and perhaps has something to do with the removal of one of my ovaries. I get extremely dry down there when I have the spasms so I suspect it is something to do with atrophy of the tissue down there. I have heard this complaint from other women on these boards. Adhesions is certainly a possibility that I have considered but I imagine that adhesions would be painful most of the time and not just at certain times.

All I can say is that our female bodies can truly require a lot of maintenance sometimes. I hope you continue to recover and that you will have many more super days. Hang in there.

All the best,

Estria

Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Estria x I hope when lve finally fully healed l notice a massive difference to my wellbeing however l do have a few other health problems to contend with so...heres hoping!! I hope you get your problems sorted! Adhesions dont have to hurt all the time!! They hurt from strecthing and movement for the first time in a long time l can actually stretch when l wake up !! Can you ebleive that?? I couldnt even stretch out!! and noone knew why before the op! They must fo though l was a hypochondriac with all the basic things l could not do!!! Ive even noticed my bowel function is getting better! Thing is these things sneak up on you so you think its somewhat normal until; you have them corrected .. its amazing what you will live with esp when docs take no notice of you for so long like mine did grrr. Thank you for your best wishes l appreicate them You take care xx

Closed Thread