It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

pamala HB User
hysterectomy for a thick uterus lining?

is there anything I can do other than a hysterectomy for a thick uterus lining?

Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User
Re: hysterectomy for a thick uterus lining?

Pamala,

My uterine lining was thick, and I also had atypical cells - confirmed by uterine biopsy. I had a D & C and was put on Provera for 14 days a month. I've been rechecked several times since then and my lining is no longer thick. I was also given a lower dose of Provera last time I was in for a check. I'm hoping when I go back in August, I can go off the Provera. I'm 51, and don't really get a period anymore, and my GYN said that I shouldn't need the provera once I'm done with periods.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
(female)

pamala HB User

Thank you. Can you please tell me about the D&C? I"m TERRIFIED of it, never had surgery and have VERY bad panic attacks already, can't even imagine doing this. The doctor agree to let me get a block around my pelvis area (like a low epidural) and give me valium but I'm afraid 'they are going to pull a fast one' and give me something stronger. The idea of going to sleep is far worse to me than the actual D&C. Also, if the uterus lining is already thick (but the biopsy did not show cancer), is there a way taking Provax would thin it out of do you think the only way that "stuff" is going to clear is via D&C? Thanks so much!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #4
(female)

washappy HB User

Hello Pamala, I just had a D&C for a thick lining last month and I to suffer from panic attacks. I was put to sleep for mine mainly because I feared I would start panicking if they did it while awake, I didn't want to be aware of anything and I wasn't. Once they put me to sleep the next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. It was like I had nothing done. I had some bleeding for eight days and it wasn't heavy so I hardly had any cramps from it. I was up cleaning my house the next day (but your not suppose to do anything like that for days after)

Good Luck and I'm sure you will do fine

Old 05-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Pamala,

I've had a D&C both ways (asleep and awake), and being put to sleep was much better - you don't even know what's happening. I'm also very terrified of general anesthesia - but it was fine. I had the D&C because my biopsy showed pre-cancerous cells - so I didn't have much of a choice. She also did looking around with a camera like thing (don't remeber the name for that), which is also why I thing the general was better.

In my case no cancer was found,so it cleaned everythig out of there, and the Provera is to keep the lining thin - which it does very well. The reason I'm hoping to stop taking it - there are a few side effects - tender breasts, weight gain, headaches. I thnk when I've gone one full year without a period, I can go off it, and see how I do. When menopause occurs, the lining should stay thin.

Hope this helps.

Mary

Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
(female)

pamala HB User

Thanks, Mary!

I still get regular but very heavy periods. I had a second opionin and the new doctor thinks I have Adenomyosis. She did a biopsy of the uterus (my uterus is really hard so I had to wait until the last day of period to have this biopsy or she could not get to the uterus in the office). She thinks I should have a hysterectomy. I'd rather try the progesterone (not in natrual form, that doesn't work for me) for a couple of months and see if it does anything. I guess my question is this .... I now have 2 doctors and each telling me something different. One says I need a D&C (she was the one that did NOT do the biopsy of the uterus) and one says the biopsy shows no cancer so it is proabaly the Adenomyosis. So scary and frustrating! Has anyone had a situation like this and what direction do they lean?

Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
(female)

pamala HB User

Oh, and for the D&C, the doctor has agreed to do that kind of epidural where it makes you numb around the groin area. If I had that, would it still be MISERABLE to stay awake? I think she wants to give me some valium.

Closed Thread