It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
(female)

mimomof3 HB User
new here - will be having total hyst due to uterine prolapse

Hi, I am Cathy Lynn, mom of 3, (age 7 1/2, 6, & 2), and I will be 40 in August. I knew I had a slight prolapse after my 6 yr old was born but it was never discussed with dr until I was pregnant with #3 and I was worried it might cause problems with pg. He advised that it was only slight and wouldn't cause any complications but might be worse after delivery. He wasn't kidding! It is now severe. The last time I saw the dr was about a yr ago and he told me it was bad then, but didn't tell me the stage or really anything else other than I will need surgery. I am not questioning that at all.

I just really wanted to introduce myself as I am finally going to be going back to the dr and getting things started. At my last visit he told me to come back when I was done nursing one month, well I finally have stopped nursing a month ago.

I am curious to hear from him what stage I am at. From what I have read on several sites I am atleast a stage 2 or possibly 3. A year ago my uterus was coming out slightly (getting worse throughout the day) but going back in when I layed down. Now, it is out constantly. It never goes back in. I have tremendous pelvic pain and at times cannot walk. I am hoping to wait until the summer is over to have the surgery even though I am in constant pain.

If anyone else has/had stage 2 or worse I would love to hear about any way to reduce the pain, recovery after vaginal procedure, or anything else you want to share.

If I got any terms wrong or said anything that didn't make sense I apologize. I should know better terms after I go back to the dr.

Thanks for listening. I have really started getting depressed about the whole prolapse thing and am really looking for others who have experienced this. It is so hard to feel normal when you basically no longer have a vagina.

cathy lynn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: new here - will be having total hyst due to uterine prolapse

Cathy Lynn, I don't know a lot about prolapses, but I do know a bit about talking with doctors. Go with written lists of questions. Learn as many terms as you can. Get copies of your pathology reports and "surgery" reports (I guess they might be delivery notes). Go to your next appointment with those papers and your written questions so you can ask some specific questions and have an idea of treatment options. Also, you'll want to get a second opinion before surgery.

Old 06-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
(female)

mimomof3 HB User
Re: new here - will be having total hyst due to uterine prolapse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
Cathy Lynn, I don't know a lot about prolapses, but I do know a bit about talking with doctors. Go with written lists of questions. Learn as many terms as you can. Get copies of your pathology reports and "surgery" reports (I guess they might be delivery notes). Go to your next appointment with those papers and your written questions so you can ask some specific questions and have an idea of treatment options. Also, you'll want to get a second opinion before surgery.
Thanks for your response! I really trust my dr and since my uterus is literally out I mean like atleast an inch to 2 inches constantly I have no doubt that a hyst is needed. I am going to a urologist(or whatever the right dr is) to discuss a bladder lift as well and if needed they will do the surgeries together, would that be like a 2nd opinion? If it's not really a 2nd opinion do you really think I would need one under the circumstances? I am done having kids and I am ok with having the surgery. Oh, and he said that it will be done vaginally.

Last edited by mimomof3; 06-01-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: wanted to thank for response

Closed Thread