It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
(female)

39inJC HB User
Question Severe pelvic pain a year after hysterectomy

I'm at the end of my rope, and I'm hoping someone out there has been through the same things and can shed some light on my situation:

Several years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis. I had 3 different laparoscopies to remove, and was given 2 rounds of Lupron Depot to slow/stunt the growth of new Endometriosis deposits. Not only didn't it help, I continued to get worse, and my overall health just kept getting worse.

Then, in January 2009, I was diagnosed with early stage Cervical Cancer, and my doctor recommended a hysterectomy and removal of the cervix. We felt sure it would take care of my pelvic pain, and would definitely stop any cancerous growth.

Unfortunately, this didn't help me at all. In fact, my pain kept getting worse. I spent days on end in bed, unable to even sit up without the horrific pain. Needless to say, the lack of activity both packed on the pounds and added to my depression. I'm not even 40 and I feel like an old woman.

Here I am, over a year after my hysterectomy, and the pain hasn't gotten any better, it's gotten much worse. I've had all kinds of procedures and surgeries, removing cysts, scar tissue, adhesions, and more endometriosis deposits. In all, I've had 14 surgeries/procedures since July 2007. My body is just spent.

Has anyone else been through all this as well? My doctor is very patient and extremely sweet. He lets me cry as much as I want, and he is sympathetic to my frustration and pain. He's sending me to a neurologist in a couple of weeks to explore anything else going on in there.

I feel like a crazy woman! The only relief I get is from Percocet, and I don't want to spend my life doped up just to get a little pain relief!

Any ideas? Comments? Please help!

The following user gives a hug of support to 39inJC:
NikkyA (01-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Severe pelvic pain a year after hysterectomy

I'm sad to hear you are in so much pain.

What type of hyst did your doctor do? a total or a radical hyst? Did he remove the endometriosis at that time, too?

Did you get a second opinion on the cancer? Just curious.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

39inJC HB User
Re: Severe pelvic pain a year after hysterectomy

Hey there...it was a total, he left the ovaries because there was no medical reason to take them at the time (you know how insurance is!). And yes, there is no cancer left. He's done multiple procedures since and has checked for any signs, especially of ovarian cancer. My surgery in April of this year was my 2nd since the hysterectomy to remove endometriosis. It's crazy how that stuff keeps coming back, even w/out the uterus!

Closed Thread