It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

delerius HB User
Unhappy this bleedings driving me nuts

I've just had a little op three weeks ago, to remove cysts,fibroids & pollups from my averted uterus, an op recommened by my doctor to a gyno.Cost me a fortune, but the problems gotten worse. My problem is I've been put on Provera 10mgs a day, for the past month. Whilst the pain and spotting from all the gremlins growing inside of me were begin and gone. Now I'm constantly bleeding, NON stop.It's awful! I thought my periods stopped years ago. I'm 56. When I ask my doctor, & I've been to 2. I've been told that I could have a coil inserted. Which I don't want as I had an IUD many years before and it caused me problems. My question is: Is there any other solution. My doctor seems to think this funny.I am, very entertaining but this to me is seriouse. I travel a lot and I'm off soon 3wks to Vietnam.I swim a lot & dive, I so don't want this uncomfort, it's driving me crazy, which is driving my family crazy.I'm not getting any answers.Surely in this day & age there must be something, a pill or something other than another operation to eleviate this annoying,upsetting problem.I've been given absolutely no instructions about provera, only what I've read on the net.Can anyone help me before I bleed to death?

Old 06-07-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: this bleedings driving me nuts

I can't imagine the doctor thinking this is funny. What about anemia? Why are you bleeding? I wouldn't think that is normal. I would be upset too if I were you. I am 57 and if I bleed like that after my upcoming hysterectomy, I would show the dr what PMS is all about then. I hope you get answers and relief

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
(female)

delerius HB User
Re: this bleedings driving me nuts

The doctor I saw was a relief doctor who was reading off the computer, I will complain about her when I go & see the doctor I usually see. But he's more interested in try this & come & see me in two weeks. This is what I hear all the time.They don't care.They just want government money. I have no faith in so called Australian doctors anymore.Maybe I'll have to go to an overseas one like I do for dental care. As far as anemia goes. I'm none the wiser there either.I thought this forum may explain a few things. As I said they've put me on Provera, which regulates the menstrual cycle...which I thought had gone.However now they're back and with a vengence.But thanks anyway.

Closed Thread