It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

lisaramus HB User
Intense Pain after sex

I am 7 week post total abdominal hysterectomy due to uterine prolapse, oraries and tubes gone too. My hubby and I have slowly worked up to full intercourse last night. Had all my post op appointments and got the go ahead for full activity. We were very careful and used a lubricant. The pain after was terrible! I felt spasms and intense pain throughout my entire abdominal area. The pain brought on sweets, shaking, and nausea. I couldn't walk or stand up straight. It almost felt like extreme gas. It was a 10 plus on the hospital pain scale...like labor! I couldn't relax my abdominal muscles to even pee. My poor husband wanted to take me to the ER. He was really scared. I took 2 motrin and the pain started to subside about 2 hours later. Also I filled a panty liner with red blood. Called the MD today and he said to continue motrin and keep my feet up. I'm terrified to try intercourse again! Is this normal? Will it get better? Where is that pain and blood coming from? Has anyone ever had this happen? I was really disappointed with the doctor's response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Intense Pain after sex

I can relate to your pain. Mine didn't last as long, but it sure did hurt when I had an orgasm. I was shaking, had sweats,and was really scared. It did get better. To be honest, we waited another week after that time, to give me more time to heal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Intense Pain after sex

Hi lisa ! A different doctor sounds really good.

Closed Thread