It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
(female)

BLACK DIAMOND35 HB User
Gotta know!!

Partial Hystercetomy, 4wks post op. Tubal ligation, then removal few years back. My doc left ovaries, "they looked good". Possible endo or adne, I still don't know. Pain lower back, heavy cycles, pain during sex, migraines, bacteria infection (unexplainable, but reoccurrent). My back hurts now, I'm still having discomfort in the same left lower pelvic area, not as bad, but slowly returning. I was on Doxycycline a little over a week post surgery for discharge. The same week I ended up in ER with severe lower abdominal pain, MD at ER said bad UTI and retention. Indwelling catheter x3 days, antibiotics and pyridium. The next week saw gyn, still had UTI, changed antib, told me to cont Doxy and take Levaq x10 days. Now, my bladder doesn't want to empty, I called (don't want to end up with catheter again), havent heard from doc yet. I just wonder did I loose my uterus for nothing?? I already had constipation problems, now I have gas/constipation/bladder problems. I was on med for pain, the BC before hystrer. I have to go back to work, I am a nurse. I have to have sex with my husband and am terrified.... Someone tell me something.......PLEASE. SORRY SO LONG....4e3w2az

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Gotta know!!

How about going to an urologist? I have a history of UTIs and a ct scan indicated gas in the bladder so I was sent to an urologist. He did a scope to make sure the bladder was ok and ruled out any cancer. I just finished a round of antibiotics for a bladder infection probably caused by the cathedar during my hysterectomy. The obgyn told me to start taking cranberry pills daily especially now that I am older.
I too had been to the ER so many times that when the hysterectomy was offered, I jumped on it, providing they took my appendix too and looked at my gallbladder. They took everything and I am glad. I had fibroids that were small. All I know at this point, is I have no more pain in my side.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
(female)

BLACK DIAMOND35 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel52 View Post
How about going to an urologist? I have a history of UTIs and a ct scan indicated gas in the bladder so I was sent to an urologist. He did a scope to make sure the bladder was ok and ruled out any cancer. I just finished a round of antibiotics for a bladder infection probably caused by the cathedar during my hysterectomy. The obgyn told me to start taking cranberry pills daily especially now that I am older.
I too had been to the ER so many times that when the hysterectomy was offered, I jumped on it, providing they took my appendix too and looked at my gallbladder. They took everything and I am glad. I had fibroids that were small. All I know at this point, is I have no more pain in my side.
You know, sometimes I think it was my bladder all along, and they were treating me for what they didd'nt know. On my post op, all he said was, "everything is benign". But he never told me what everything was......I feel this stabbing pain down my lower abdomen towards my pubic area, and if I'm constipated it gets worse. I don't know, just tired.......

Last edited by BLACK DIAMOND35; 09-17-2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Typing in emotion from response!!!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

You need to get a copy of your biopsy report. You can get it from the hospital or your doctor.
My doctor said everything was fine, few fibroids. His operative report was the sloppiest I have ever seen. No measurements of the fibroids or their location. When I asked him he didn't remember, but said the fibroids could have been the cause of my pain.
The biopsy had more information. I had fibroids in my tubes, rare dilated glands in my ovaries. Everything was benign. However, when I asked the dr about was the rare dilated glands were, he said the pathologist just didn't see much of them but that it didn't mean they were rare. Oh Please....I will find out myself. I know that stabbing pain you are referring to. I kept thinking my intestine was twisted too because I had pain and sometimes constipation. I know I wasn't emptying my bladder. I am glad I got everything taken out so there would be no guess work, that is why they took the appendix. The surgeon, at my request took a look at my gallbladder too, though that won't show stones. That doesn't help you since your pain is on the left.
Anyway, you may find out more information by obtaining the report. I would then want to see an urologist. It's frustrating isn't it?

Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
(female)

Lainie45 HB User

I hope you are feeling better by now. I just saw your post now. Just wanted to let you know that post hysterectomy the bladder can spasm for a while (in addition to the common uti complications) so you may have been feeling that as well. As far as the bowel problems, everything has to settle back into place and that can be, well, at times a little bit unsettling feeling.

I am just over a month post op (da vinci) and feeling pretty good most of the time.

Closed Thread