It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

KIMBEE HB User
Hpv and hysterectomy

I have had hpv for 12 years that i know of am 48 years old now and always have abnormal paps wondering if anyone else has considered having a hysterectomy to solve the problem?? I am so scared of getting cervical cancer, thanks

Old 10-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Hpv and hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIMBEE View Post
I have had hpv for 12 years that i know of am 48 years old now and always have abnormal paps wondering if anyone else has considered having a hysterectomy to solve the problem?? I am so scared of getting cervical cancer, thanks
What about having a LEEP?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

tiffanie39 HB User

I have HPV just had a hysteroscopy and D&C NOWWWW she wants me to do an IUD. i just want a hysterectomy. I was so scared for 3 weeks that i had cervical cancer. I DO NOT wanna go thru that again. I want a hysterectomy but finding a dr. to do it is the problem. I wish u all the luck.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #4
(female)

dpmoe HB User

Kim. I too am 48 and have high risk HPV. 20 yrs ago I had an awful experience of multiple botched + inconclusive colpolscopies following an ab pap. After six long months, found a great dr who identified and treated my CIN IIII with laser removal. All clean + clear for 20 yrs.

This Jan back to ab pap, back to high risk HPV, back to dreaded colpolscopy. Next came cone biopsy in March. Good news: no cancer + ab cells have not spread beyond cervix surface. Bad news: cone margins did not come back clear (still have ab cells)

This Fri going back for another copolscopy (!!!). Hoping the cone prompted the ab cells to reverse, but like you am considering hysyerectomy because this stress + fear are seemingly taking over my life.

I have all sorts of rational (as well as completely crazy irrational) fears of hysterectomy on every level. I don't know what to do. I know I'm probably not helping you, other than to let you know there is soepone outoing through it too. Keep me posted on your decision process and I will do the same.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
(female)

dpmoe HB User

Tiffany. You will probably think I'm really crazy, my dr is suggesting total vaginal hysterectomy (no scar, fast recovery, cervix + uterus only - so no hormone issues) and I am still very anxious and afraid to do it. My therapist is helping me to get a grip and overcome my fears. Last week she likened hysterectomy to a vaginal "facelift". And slyly offered that she thought my BF might actually be quite pleased with the new post-op "conditions". Lol. I hope you find a dr and/or solution that will give you peace of mind. These tests and awaiting results are awful.

The Following User Says Thank You to dpmoe For This Useful Post:
tiffanie39 (04-29-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User

I had a hysterectomy 11 weeks ago and I am so glad I did. I feel like a new person! I was so scared last summer waiting for biopsy results and was not crazy about having a hysterectomy, but now, it was the best decision.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
(female)

dpmoe HB User

really? That's very encouraging to hear. Thank you

Closed Thread