It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #1
(female)

snowysand HB User
spotting after 14 years

Little back ground history,
I am 41 years had a subtotal hysterectomy 14 years ago and left oophectomy. I had severe adhesions from c sections and bladder too stuck to cervix for them to remove.
13 years ago I had right oophectomy as that too was stuck with adhesions and causing pain. Got put on various hrts and couldnt get on with them so had no hrt for first 5 years. Then I broke my arm and realised that HRT was needed as I had osteopenia.
So since 2004 i have been on oestrogel only. the past 9-12 mths i had brown colour discharge which I havent been too concerned about. Then about 5 months ago I noticed like a faint blood tinge discharge. I came off HRT back in June this year for a break to see if it would help me lose some weight . The past month I have has several episodes of red spotting. I have had regular smear tests but they always have difficulty finding my cervix as it has wandered off ( nurses words lol).
I spoke with my consultant back in June about maybe the need for progesterone with oestrogen as I still have cervix, its not common practice in UK to do that, She did however, agree that maybe going on proegestrone could be an option. This was before the episodes of obvious blood spotting.
I have not been to see a DR about this as I dont know if its ok and happens sometimes. I do not have sex(my husband is disabled)so Its nothing to do with that.
Any ideas? Should i be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread