It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
(female)

43dawn HB User
confused and depressed

just returned from hospital this afternoon, after a vaginal hysterectomy leaving the ovaries in place. I live in Morocco and although my language skills are pretty good, when you are ill, all you really want is to understand COMPLETELY what is going on!
I was in 2 days. Hysterectomy was advised for a prolapsed uterus and 4 children! I suffer badly from depression anyway, but I have come home soooooo low and getting lower, I can feel it happening. Is this someting that is normal, even for people who dont suffer from depression? I am also as bloated as a 7 month pregnant woman, not to mention the EXCRUTIATING agony which is a bowel movement!! Apart from it all being so wearing and tiring, please tell me it gets better..................

Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: confused and depressed

Hi if you just got home after having a hysterectomy it is very normal to feel depleated, worn out and depressed. THe drugs alone can do it. Rest.
I had my hysterectomy in July. I had been in such pain prior to the surgery for two years, it was a joy afterwards. However, I was tired. The dr told me it actually takes a year to fully recover.
Hang in there. Your body has been through a trauma. Here's a hug.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread