It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #1
(female)

angaustinbrody HB User
PMS symptoms AFTER period????

I have always had horrid periods. Very very very heavy and painful. I've seen the doctor and found out I had a blood clotting disorder. I got referred to a gynocologist to discuss my options and they were either to take cyklokapron and ponstan to help with the blood clotting, or an endometrial ablation or hysterectomy. I didn't want the hysterectomy or ablation because I was already having surgery within a month of my consult, so I refused those. I also don't want to take medication for the next 25 years. Birth control pills make me go mentally a bit loopy, so didn't want to take it.

For the past couple of years I have been getting severe PMS symptoms AFTER my period. The last day of my period and a week after I get severe anxiety, panic attacks, mood swings, crying about everything, sometimes feeling like things would be better off if I weren't here. Around the same time my gallbladder problems really flare up. i'm on the wait list to get my gallbladder out and will be getting it out at the end of the month. My gallbladder pain and nausea is the worst at this point although the doctor tells me there's no correlation between menstruation and gallbladder problems. That doesn't make sense to me since a lot of women develop gallbladder problems while pregnant because of the large amount of estrogen int eh body.

Other symptoms that may or may not be relevant:

-two or three days BEFORE my period I get a garlicky smell from my vagina (sorry TMI). I rarely eat garlic, but it seriously smells like I've ate 30 cloves of raw garlic.

-starting right before my period and going away about a week after it ends I get extreme bloating. It looks like i'm 9 months pregnant and it feels like I've swallowed a bowling ball.

I am not on any regular persciption medications. I was taking gravol every single day for the about 2 months due to the nausea from the gallbladder, but I'm doing OK without it now for about 2 weeks. I also take percoset when i get a gallbladder attack, but only take it when I absolutely cannot handle the pain anymore, so maybe once a month I take 1/2 percoset/oxycodone.

I do take a chewable flinestone vitamin, 1000 iu of vitamin d3 and a liquid B complex vitamin. I was trying to take a regular adult vitamin but it upsets my stomach too much so now I stick to the flinestones with no problems.

Any ideas here?

Last edited by angaustinbrody; 11-09-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread