It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

HeatherLG HB User
I am new and I have ???? I am having a hysterectomy breast reconstruction and a TT

My dr has told me that I need to have an abd hysterectomy, he wants me to also do a TT and breast reconstructin at the same time. I am 36 yr old, work out 5 days a week, and I have lost 70+ lbs over the last 2 yrs. I am not thin but the fols and the flab are holding me back. I am not able to feel good about myself. I see one bad body that now looks like another bad body. I do not smoke and I would say I am in good health. I am packed full of questions because I have a ton of decisions to make. Do I keep my overies or not??? what implant do I choose and how large. should i have all three of these done at the same time? Oh and what about the Hormones. My dr is nice and he tries to answer all my questions but I need info from the ladies that have done these things. My Dr says I will be fine. I do have some great people here to take care of me but I want to be smart about my decisions. I have looked over this sight and it seems like all of the people in here really care and want to help each other. I need that. I need a support group that will help me make these decisions am help me by informing me of what I don't know. I would love to hear from anyone who has done these three sx at the same time and what all they went to. I would be happy to hear from anyone who wants to help. Thank you. Much stressed

Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: I am new and I have ???? I am having a hysterectomy breast reconstruction and a T

Wow that is a lot done at once. Regarding the breast reduction. You must have lots of tissue, therefore why would you get implants? The surgeon can remove the excess tissue tighten the breast, recenter the nipple and ta da. Picture a pie. A piece of pie is removed and the rest of the pie is reshaped to appear whole.
Years ago, I was part of a large support group of women who had implants and were sick because of them. I was one of the first to have the implants removed and my chest reconstructed because of the damage the chemicals had caused. There were women in my group who only needed a lift called a mastioplexy (spelling may be wrong) They NEVER needed implants. When they had their implants removed and had the lift, they were perfect and perky. The best part? All natural and would last forever. Please research the facts on that.
I am confused though. Why are you needing a hysterectomy? That can determine if you should keep your ovaries or not. Family history can too, desire for children? Ok, the dr who is doing the hysterectomy is also wanting to do the implants? Usually a gynocologist does that and a board certified in plastic surgery doctor does the implants or breast reduction. Please clarify? Oh and congratulations on the 70 pound weight loss.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
(female)

HeatherLG HB User
Question Re: I am new and I have ???? I am having a hysterectomy breast reconstruction and a T

Thank you for the reply. I am having reconstruction with implants because mine are empty sacks now - weight loss took them first. He showed me what I would have if I did not go with implants and I would be a size AA or small B. I have been a D since 14-15 yr old and breasts that small would take all shape away from my form. I need the hysterectomy because my ovaries and uterus are all very large. I have PCOS and the cysts rupture causing a lot of pain. I also have a large uterine fibroid tumor. He said I could keep my ovaries if he drilled holes in them to relieve the pressure and size but at any time they could become a problem again and still need to be removed. If I keep them it is only a temp fix and a 50/50 chance they will work till natural menopause. If I keep them I would still have to stay on the pill to keep me from ovulating. If they take them I will have to take hormones. As for my family hx all the women in my family still have all of their parts. My problems started as a teen and have gotten worse over the years. Oh and both my children came into the world by C-section. My abd is filled with scar tissue and it too has caused a lot of problems with my bowels. It is the biggest reason they have to go in through the abd, to remove all the scar tissue that has attached to all my insides. I figure if I have to have my tummy cut open for a third time the I should at least get the large fold of flabby skin and fat removed, I had not thought about doing the breast at the same time till he said there is no reason not to. He said I will be focused on healing from the tummy that I wonít even notice the pain in my chest. He is a OBGYN and PS. I have seen his work and it all looks very good. I know I scar bad so I am not expecting perfection, I just want to feel like I am shaped like a women again. I am a bit of a baby when it comes to getting the sx, but I have to have the hysterectomy or things are only going to get worse. I am waiting a good 3-4 months before I do it because I want to research as much as I can and I have decisions to make. Oh and I want to lose another 20 lbs. He did say that the skin fold is so large that anymore weight loss will not make a difference so the 20lbs is not a must. I am nervous about doing so much at once. I kind of think if the tummy tuck is too bad I would never go back to fix the breasts. Has anyone out there done all of these at the same time? I would like to ask about the group you were in. were they the older implants? Do the newer ones also make people sick like that? I have the choice of saline or gel but I am not sure. I just want to feel good about my shape. I am still losing weight but the fold on my abd and my breasts really make me feel bad about my looks. It is weird how I feel like when I was larger I seemed tighter.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: I am new and I have ???? I am having a hysterectomy breast reconstruction and a T

I certainly can't make the decision for you, but if I were in your shoes I would have a complete hysterectomy. If you are done having children, have had a lot of problems then why not? I personally didn't take hormones but I am older at 58 and I have breast cancer in the family. I had fibroids too. When I was in my 30's I had a dermoid cyst the size of an orange removed so I had a large abdominal incision. It was hard to sit up at first but it wasn't horrible. I would have the tummy tuck done at the same time too, absolutely.
I don't see why the doctor couldn't use your fat from your stomach for your breasts. I would never recommend implants. The doctors claim they are safe but still women do react to the chemicals and or the shell. Saline have a shelf exectancy of approx 7 years. Ask to read the package insert of the implant first about the problems. I am not saying it will happen to you but then you can make an informed decision. Look it up on the internet talk to people on line. If I had to do it all over again, I definitely would have had a fat transfer. Not all doctors do it. Good luck

Closed Thread