It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: daVinci procedure

Stitches came out today. He asked if I wanted bandaids. I said yes. He said take them off whenever you feel comfortable. Probably tomorrow.

My uterous was twice the size it should have been. Other than that no problems were found.

I am feeling much better today. Being careful with how much and what I eat so I don't have to strain myself.

Doc said no driving til all pain is gone. I'm in no rush.

Time for a nap!

Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh, I also do not have any discharge. The doc said it may still happen but nothing to be concerned about.

Tips on "releasing" gas...with a pillow firmly held against your left side, lie down on left side for a bit. That will get you going!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2011, 07:32 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Less than 2 weeks and the only pain I have is from slicing my finger making dinner! Went fishing a couple days ago. Short walk, but casting did not bother me. No fish though.

Walked at the mall yesterday and at a nature trail. Got tired but was not in any pain.

Don't need my pillow anymore. Sleeping good and am going to start some slow aerobics tomorrow.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Drove a short distance today. Was okay. Still taking pain meds but hadn't taken any prior to driving this morning. Only take one or two pain meds now instead of 3 or 4. Don't want to drive again unless I have to for at least a few more days.

My incisions are healing nicely. I finally took and kept bandaids off. When we changed them (hubby) we put neosporin on and shouldn"t have and one of the sites was a bit oozy. The best thing for healing is to keep it dry and open and only wash gently with soap.

Time for a nap.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 05-17-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Today I still have some pain in my mid-stomach left side. Kept me up a bit last night. Went from percocet to vicodin and today am starting Advil (3). Yesterday slept a lot due to not taking pain meds. Just felt out of it and had a headache. Feel better today as far feeling in a fog from pain med withdrawal. Was supposed to go fishing, but since I didn't sleep I slept in until 10:30. Hubby caught a nice fish and it was at a park just down the road!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yay! Today I took no pain med, no advil. No pain. Can get in and out of bathtub fine too. The only complaint I have now, well really two, is the no sex thing and I'm not sleeping well still. Going on 4 nights now. I resisted taking a nap today...so fingers crossed.

Hubby is having surgery next week and he won't be into the sex for a while so boo hoo. Good things come to those who wait.

I'll probably not update anymore. Just when I get the go-ahead to resume all activities. Took a long walk in the woods today, dusted, and did ironing and laundry. All that with no sleep - amazing.

good luck to all.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello, my doctor appt isn't until Tuesday, but I thought I'd check in. My primary doctor had me do bloodwork and this is what they found: high cholesterol (knew that) - said diet and exercise for now, low iron - he said "due to heavy menstrual cycles," low vitamin D - put me on vitamin D pills. Everything else (kidneys, diabetes) was fine.

I'm doing great. Have mowed the lawn a few times, went for hikes, and lifting (under 10 lbs- ya know, laundry baskets lol).

I'll post again after doctor appt.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm doing fine. Going back to work on 6/20. Mowing the lawn, taking long hikes, but still can't lift anything heavy - stomach gets sore as soon as I try. Just sitting around and doing normal activities there is no pain or discomfort.

Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Man I forgot what it was like to sit at a computer for 7 hours a day

Oh well, physically I am doing great! Can't even tell I've had surgery. Am going to get some Mederma for the incisions which are healing nicely. Insomnia is gone too.

I haven't felt any different around the time of my expected cycle either. No discharge at all.

I haven't had sex yet. Not because of me, my hubby had surgery a couple weeks after me. He is just about ready lol.

I also have lost 10 lbs! That has to be a combination of not eating as much and moving more than when I worked since you know I 'sit' all day. Want to keep losing - another 30 at least.

Guess I'll stop posting here now - unless anyone has questions for me! take care all!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 06-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:08 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello, I have been feeling like a furnace for the past 5 days. Not sleeping. Insomnia. Doing everything I can to induce sleep - not working. Called doctor and talked to nurse. Asked if he could call in a script for Ambien so I can sleep. I haven't slept good for a few weeks. I get to sleep about 2:30 am and have to get up at 6:30 am. Feels like I'm drunk. She said he may do that based on my history or he may want to see me first. I'm too tired to drive!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 06-29-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added how long I haven't slept.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

Doc gave me 5mg ambien 30 tabs. I took one last night at 10 and don't remember anything else! I feel rested today. Won't take one tonight though - see what happens.

The Following User Says Thank You to sawbuck44 For This Useful Post:
Noturningback (07-30-2012)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

Still trying to not take Ambien. Ending up taking it at 1, or 2am anyway just so I can get a few hours sleep. Sometime soon going to talk to doc about insomnia and hot flashes.

Seems it's the same time at night especially that I notice I am so hot, around 8pm. You can feel the heat radiate off me. Geez, you may even be able to "see" it as a haze around me. lol Seriously, I've never felt so hot. It's not like a sweating hot. More like an internal furnace. Not much helps, but I do feel like I need air - kind of claustrophobic.

Can't update you on the sex yet Maybe this weekend!

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sleep is better and so are hot "furnace" episodes (you can set your clock by them).

Went to NYC last weekend and walked 5 miles around the city with no problem! Except the heat, the bicycle ride people trying to hand you info, each storefront with employee outside shouting for you to come in. I only bumped into two people!

BTW, if you ever go to the Empire State Building, it is well worth it to pay an extra $20 to get express tickets. We flew right up! There had to be a 3 hour line there. Got lots of looks!

Old 08-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Haha, I know I've said in two posts that I wasn't going to post anymore. Oh well!

I called gyn doc for more ambien and he told me to go to my pcp if I want to continue on it. I don't think I will. I've slept good the last few nights.

Sex was amazing. No dryness or irritation.

I have kept the 10 lbs off and seriously need to start my Wi-Fit.

I have to say that compared to the problems I had prior to surgery and what I'm experiencing now, I am so glad I had the surgery! Still can't believe I'll never have to deal with period again. Don't miss cramps!

The only things going on now is the hot flashes, which aren't that many. I am not moody or bitchy at certain times of the month. I feel that I am more emotionally stable. I was contemplating going to gyn to ask about hormones, but why invite other symptoms? I can handle this.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thought I'd pop in and give an update. I haven't had any hot flashes for about a week now. Also sleeping better. Still no discharge, cramping, or moodiness. Not on hormone replacement. Just vitamin D that my pd prescribed. I think that definitely upped my energy!

Last edited by sawbuck44; 08-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Reply Reply