It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
(female)

bellasmommy79 HB User
Re: daVinci procedure

i am also awaiting surgery for complete hysterectomy on sept 19th..i am 32yrs old and don't know witch doc is planning to do. i have a very enlarged uterus and rather large cysts on both ovaries and my tubes have been tied i do have 6kids...so a vaginal one may be out of the question soooooo?????? no sure.

The following user gives a hug of support to bellasmommy79:
sawbuck44 (09-19-2011)
Old 09-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #32
(female)

sharong1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawbuck44 View Post
I am waiting for a date for surgery. I have been dealing with debilitating periods for years now. Heavy bleeding, so much so that I cannot go take a walk or much of anything else. I have to be in the bathroom every ten minutes to change tampon. The blood clot size is unreal. I am always tired and drained no matter how much sleep I get.

The pms I suffer is crazy. For at least two weeks prior, I get very anxious, forgetful, spacey, bitchy, you name it. When I get my period, I take three Advil every three hours! Finally got some pain meds.

Doc said for months that they worry more about break-through bleeding and if I felt I couldn’t deal with it any longer we would look into it. So I’d had enough. Got an ultrasound that showed lime-sized fibroids – a couple of them, and an enlarged uterus.

Still deciding - if my ovaries are healthy, keep them or remove them. If removed, I won’t have the debilitating pms (believe me – it is bad). Going into surgical menopause is not going to be a picnic, but I am 50. Doc said medical thinking is under 45 – keep ovaries, over 45 take them out. Also the ovaries descrease and cease to function after menapause. He also said if I don't get them out and need to in the future, it would be more difficult since the uterus will already be out. I told him I wanted to fix the problem I had now and not get new ones.

I’ll let you know when my surgery is. Should get a call today.
I just had the daVinci procedure last week. Left ovaries. Had alot of scar tissue which resulted in doctor nicking my bladder. Came home with a cathetor for 2 weeks. Not funn! During this time I got a bladder infection and have been on 3 different anitbiotics. Am getting better, but still get very weak if I do to much. Am concerned that my bladder could leak in the future.. otherwise if not for the bladder being cut in to I feel hardly any soreness around my stomach.. any thoughts?

The following user gives a hug of support to sharong1:
sawbuck44 (09-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

Having a cathedar in the hospital is bad enough, I can't imagine dealing with one for 2 weeks at home!

I can only comment on recovery from surgery. I felt so good after a few weeks I had to remind myself that I just had surgery. I can see from others that I was very fortunate to have a complication-free surgery.

Still can't grasp that I won't get my "friend" anymore. I actually dreamt I got it the other night - NIGHTMARE!

Good luck

Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #34
Senior Veteran
(female)

You know that 10 lbs I lost? Well, you guessed it, it found me again. Time to get moving and do my WiFit!

Everything still remains great except the weight.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi! I'm still doing good. No more menopause symptoms. yay

Going for my yearly in a few months. If anything is new, I'll let you all know.

My sister just emailed that she has cramps. I was nice

Old 12-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! I no longer comment to my sisters when they complain of bad cramps. That would not be nice. lol anyway, if they get to where i was i wish them the best of luck deciding what to do. Surgery is never an easy decision. And yes, this was a decision. I could have lived with my situation, but not happily. Still do not regret it one bit. No discharge to this day. No ill effects from surgery. No more hot flashes or mood swings. take care

Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hello, checking in. Since surgery I have stopped taking Anti Ds. I was on wellbutrin, prozac, and ativan. I feel stable. A lot of my issues was horrible pms and some family deaths that happened really close together. I felt strong enough to stop about two months ago. Doing real well and no withdrawal symptoms because I followed doctor's weaning schedule.

I have an ob/gyn appt on 5/7. I will update again after that. My whole body has been feeling sore and I can't even get up from sitting without effort. This has been going on for about two months. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything. I will ask the doctor and also want to have bloodwork done to make sure my hormone levels, and calcium is good.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 04-02-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: added timeframe of body soreness

Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #38
(female)

Noturningback HB User

Thank you so much for this thread and updates. I'm seriously considering DvH - total hysterectomy - leaving my ovaries. My biggest concerns are hormonal issues, sexual dysfunction and possible future bladder/bowel issues. I, like others, don't want to create more issues than I have. I'm 39 - no children. It helps to read threads like yours.

~Danielle

- Woody Allen

Old 08-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #39
(female)

SparkyFox HB User

Thanks for this thread. I am considering a hysterectomy also, but I am so scared! Been having pain from ovualation to a couple days into my period. Pain, bloat, tension, heavy bleeding. This has been going on for about 5 years and it just seems to be getting worse. I am just so scared I will gain weight if I have the surgery. I have just lost a considerable amount of weight and do not want to regain it by inactivity and loss of ovaries. I am going to be 50 in November. I do have fibroids and gyno suggested hysterectomy and keeping ovaries. I have very mixed feelings as my Mom recently passed away due to ovarian cancer. It seems most ladies say they are glad they did it, but I am still scared.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

I did not gain weight. I actually lost 20 pounds, but slowly gained 10 back. Right now I am doing P90X ! My son got it but ended up joinging a gym. So even though I cannot do exactly the same exercise, I am moving and trying to only go one day in between without exercising. I feel stronger, but have a long way to go. It's only been two weeks.

I still feel fine, no hot flashes anymore, sex drive is good, sex is good (lol), not bitchy, DO NOT miss tampons and pads, it was worth it for me and still is. good luck.

Last edited by sawbuck44; 08-29-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: added without "exercising"

Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

hollygirl05 HB User

glad to hear your doing good!! It's been almost 18 months since I had mine, the only thing I noticed is I have been spotting the last few times after sex, have you been having problems like that? other than that I'm so happy with the decision I made!!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have absolutely no spotting, great bladder control, and no dryness during sex.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #43
(female)

desiii HB User

Sawbuck, thank you so much for journaling your story. I too am looking at having my uterus and ovaries removed. It's a big decision, but I have wanted this for years. Since puberty I've had terrible problems with heavy, painful periods, painful ovulation, massive mood swings (as in I SHOULD NOT be driving! lol). All the doctors ever want to do is put me on BCPs or depo, both of which messed my system up a lot more. I was diagnosed a year and a half ago with MS, and apparently that gives me a green light for a full hysterectomy. Odd the benefits of that diagnosis, sometimes lol. Gyn thinks I have endo based on the scaring he's found. Thing is, I'm turning 38 this month and am roaring hot all the time, like a furnace inside me. I don't know what having my ovaries out will do at this point. They're healthy based on my last scope. It's unlikely that I will be able to tolerate estrogen pills, but I can't imagine how I will get through hot flushes added to the heat I already have. And I'm heat intolerant due to the MS, so that's no good!

Old 10-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #44
(female)

bellamia731 HB User

I am also 39 I am going in tomorrow to have the da vinci hysterectomy to get my cervix and uterus out and keeping my ovaries. I have fibroids and HPV, I do get ovarian cysts alot but the biopsy came back fine with my ovaries so I am going to keep them. should I be worried about anything?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #45
(female)

taggert HB User

I am 36, a mother of three and had a full hysterectomy in February. It was a robot assisted laparoscopic procedure that went very well until roughly three weeks after. I had sharp pains when I sneezed or coughed or moved suddenly. three weeks in I was still bleeding moderately and spotting. I stood up one day and began to bleed very, very heavily.

My husband rushed me to the ER where it was found that an artery had burst in my lower abdomen. The surgeon who repaired it told me it may have been nicked during the hysterectomy. I spent another week in the hospital at that point and I am just now really getting back to feeling like myself.

I hear so many good things about the robotic surgery but it has been a nightmare for me.

I guess, in short, be cautious and if you don't feel quite right see your doctor. I can't even imagine what would have happened if my husband had not been at home that day.

Reply Reply