It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

mongie1 HB User
Unhappy Rectocele - options to surgery?

Hello. I'm a first-time poster to this site.

I'm afraid I don't have any useful information to give, but am also looking for advice regarding rectocele repair, and removal of hemorrhoids.

I developed a rectocele after having had a complete hysterectomy in 2002. I have had the hemorrhoids for many years, but they have become more of an issue of late. I think the two problems together are making the whole situation worse.

I was told by my gynecologist to put off having either of these surgeries as long as possible, because they were difficult surgeries, with tough recovery. Needless to say, this has me quite scared. As time goes by, I am having more and more trouble with bowel evacuation, and am concerned it will only get worse. I am 57 years old, and worry that I will have more trouble recovering if I don't have this done soon.

I have a referral to a colorectal surgeon, but am putting off making an appointment. The whole issue is embarrassing to discuss (for me), and it is difficult to put my trust in someone with whom I am unfamiliar.

I need to do something soon, as this problem is interfering with my quality of life. But, am so afraid!

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread