It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

dixie2002 HB User
Adenocarcinoma in situ

I am new to this forum so I hope I am writing this in the correct place...I just received my pathology report from my CKC and the following are my results:
Cervix-
Extensive endocervical adenocarcinoma in-situ, involving all four quadrants
High-grade squamous dysplasia (CIN 3), involving 3-6 and 6-9 o'clock quadrents
Surgical margins:
Adenocarcinoma in situ:
12-3 o'clock: positive (ectocervical margin)
3-6 o'clock: less than 1mm (ectocervical margin)
6-9 o'clock: less than 1mm (ectocervical margin)
9-12 o'clock: positive (ectocervical margin)
High grade squamous dysplasia (CIN 3)
6-9 o'clock: less than 1mm (ectocervical margin)
Endocervical margin: Negative for CIS and AIS
No invasive carcinoma identified

Ok...so my question is, my doctor called these results to me to finish our discussion with "I have talked to my partner and he agrees you need to go ahead with your hysterectomy"...I on the other hand do have a 2 year old, but just came off my bc pill before this started happening so I could attempt to get pregnant...I WANT ANOTHER CHILD!!! I have an appointment with my doctor at the end of the month to discuss this with him and he said to bring my questions...Am I crazy for thinking about giving myself a couple months to attempt to get pregnant and if I am not successful, I will then have my hysterectomy. I am not against the surgery at all...I just don't want to give up so easy...if I do get pregnant how soon after having the baby could I have the hysterectomy...?? Thank you all for taking the time to read ALL of this...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Adenocarcinoma in situ

If I were you I would have the hysterectomy. I hear that you want another child, but your health is so much more important. You have a young child who already needs you...don't jeopardize that, please.
I'd rather hear that you're a healthy mom of one than a dead mother of one because you wanted two, you know what I mean?
God bless you honey, I know you're hurting.

Closed Thread