It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hysterectomy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
(female)

rose aleeah HB User
Ovarian cysts after hysterectomy

Hi! Id like to ask all this question..has anyone else had recurring painful ovarian cysts after a partial hysterectomy? I had to have my uterus removed a couple years ago, after many years of female issues. Then a year ago, started experiencing sharp pelvic pain on the right side that would go away. A month ago, I ended up in the er with pain I've never experienced (even labor with 2 children could not compare!!) before, absolutely crippling! I was diagnosed with a 3cm cyst, followed up with my gyno& by the time he drained the cyst, a week and a half later, it'd grown to almost 5cm! within a few days following, I had to revisit the er& was diagnosed with a possible complex cyst and another simple cyst almost 3cm! Im having the bothersome, cyst filled ovary(the right) removed in a couple weeks...and also experiencing the same starting pain(which I recognize now) on the left, hot flashes, brest tenderness. Since I've had my uterus removed,am 39 years old, should I demand the doc take out both ovaries? any advice would be appreciated, and has anyone else had this problem? Thank you for reading this super long post!

The Following User Says Thank You to rose aleeah For This Useful Post:
LottaLoxie (10-31-2012)
Old 07-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
(female)

Jen5266 HB User
Re: Ovarian cysts after hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose aleeah View Post
Hi! Id like to ask all this question..has anyone else had recurring painful ovarian cysts after a partial hysterectomy? I had to have my uterus removed a couple years ago, after many years of female issues. Then a year ago, started experiencing sharp pelvic pain on the right side that would go away. A month ago, I ended up in the er with pain I've never experienced (even labor with 2 children could not compare!!) before, absolutely crippling! I was diagnosed with a 3cm cyst, followed up with my gyno& by the time he drained the cyst, a week and a half later, it'd grown to almost 5cm! within a few days following, I had to revisit the er& was diagnosed with a possible complex cyst and another simple cyst almost 3cm! Im having the bothersome, cyst filled ovary(the right) removed in a couple weeks...and also experiencing the same starting pain(which I recognize now) on the left, hot flashes, brest tenderness. Since I've had my uterus removed,am 39 years old, should I demand the doc take out both ovaries? any advice would be appreciated, and has anyone else had this problem? Thank
you for reading this super long post!
Hi. I posted last week about almost the exact same thing & have had no responses yet. I had a partial hysterectomy last year & now have a complex cyst on my right side and a 6+cm cyst on my left surveyed is causing a partial blockage of my ureter. My doc has me on birth control to see if the cyst on left will reduce & then I won't need surgery. I have had several surgeries for cysts & endometreosis. I don't recommend having surgery if you can avoid it as I am now dealing with horrific scarring/adhesions. I hope someone reads our posts soon & can help!!!! Take care, jen

The following user gives a hug of support to Jen5266:
rose aleeah (07-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
(female)

rose aleeah HB User

hi Jen! thanks for the quick reply! its so sad that we have to keep suffering after a hysterectomy! I hope you can get some relief soon and some answers from these posts! keep your chin up!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
(female)

Jen5266 HB User

You too. I am going to repost somewhere else to see if I can get help from anyone. Hang in there too!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to Jen5266:
angel721 (08-09-2011)
Closed Thread